It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Heat coming from floor!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iron 82

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 09:45 pm Post subject: Heat coming from floor!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem is heat coming from the floor vents. Even when my top lever is on the off position and lower lever on the cool position. The assembly is new and nothing is wrong with it. And with that happening my floor board is soak and wet. What gives???? Need help and any $.02

IRON 82

macguyver
Forum Member

Posted: 19 Apr 2004 11:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the wet floorboard is a sign of a bad heater core

Iron 82

Posted: 19 Apr 2004 02:54 pm Post subject:

Well, now we have a problem! I've installed a new heater core in December. I guess the new one is bad. I'll have to take that one out and buy another to replace. I hope my part is still under warrenty.

Thanks for the floor board help macguyver.

Now I still have to find help for the heat.

IRON 82

Twin_Turbp

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 08:59 am Post subject:

as for the heat, check the vacuum switch on the heater box, it's bolted to it with a large v shaped bracket with some bends in it. If the semi hard vac line is still on it the switch may be bad and let coolant circulate through the heater core all the time, which will result in hot air entering the interior.

Iron 82

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 04:15 pm Post subject:

You are awesome people. Twin Turbo thanks for the help on the heat. I found out my heater core I placed in December was still under warrenty. I'll do the work Monday. It will take me a couple of days to fix.
BTW, how does the heater core become bad? Does it fracture from the hard driving or it's not hooked up correctly? I'm tring to learn more about my vette. Thanks...

Again thanks for the help everyone...

IRON 82

82collectorshark
Forum Member

Posted: 08 Jun 2004 05:55 pm Post subject:

Hello Iron 82,
I believe older cores usually rot through from the inside due to the change in chemical composition of older anti-freeze or contaminents the same as a bad radiator core.Your new one was probably a bad soldered joint that let go.
Jules