It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 pm 

I'm new to a CFI but have gotten alot of information off this site already. Car had been sitting for about 8 yrs. Changed all the fluids, plugs & wires, put in new fuel pump & filter and it started. Increase the fuel pressure to 13 psa and balanced the TB and ran pretty good but found out I needed to rebush them. Seemed to run pretty good after the rebush but decided to change the dist cap and rotor since it still seemed to run a little rough at low rpm. My trouble seemed to start after that.
Put on a new MSD cap and rotor and the car would hardly run. Put the old cap & rotor back on and runs a little better but still not right. Car wants to idle about 1500 to 2000 rpm (this was set at 500 earlier after the rebush). It then all of a sudden dumps a bunch of fuel in and almost kills the engine. I had used WinAldl earlier (before rebush) and did not get any error codes. Now I'm getting MAP pressure low and coolant temp low. Car was fully warmed up when I was testing. Pulled the cap and rotor and checked the wires and all looked good. I have not used WinAldl before so I'm not sure as to what I should be looking for.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to bring her back from the dead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

For crossfire questions, I have found The Crossfire Injection Vault (http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/) to be an excellent web site. :D