It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stubborn Headlight
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigdaddy

Posted: 05 Jun 2004 09:51 pm Post subject: Stubborn Headlight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My right-side headlight refuses to open, even after replacing the vacuum relay. I thought it might be the actuator rod seal and I removed the hose from the top of the actuator and blew into it and the headlight opened right up! Could I have a bad light switch? If anyone's experienced this and solved the problem, let me know.

82collectorshark
Forum Member

Posted: 07 Jun 2004 08:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bigdaddy,
If you blew into that side, I believe vacuum on the opposite hose on the same can should acheive the same result.Check for vacuum on the opposite hose and if it seems o.k. when you turn the headlight switch on,its probably the actuator seals,but you should try to borrow a vacuum pump and check and see if the can holds vacuum on both sides. The vacuum swithes switch the available vacuum to alternating sides of the can.See our discussions in the General Discussion area under Phantom Headlight Door. Let me know if this helps.
Jules

bigdaddy

Posted: 08 Jun 2004 09:26 pm Post subject: stubborn headlight

Thanks Jules, I'll give it a shot.
Bigdaddy