It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fuel Injectors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:15 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I have yet to find a way to unclog my injectors. A mechanic suggested using that Sea Foam stuff by placing one of the vacuum hoses from the TBI unit directly in the unit and drawing it into the injectors that way! I haven't tried it since I don't know which hose to use & could it possibly cause irreprable damage to my baby. Since then, after suffering heart palpitations as a result of seeing the cost of new injectors, I found a company in LA-LA Land, CA, that has a rebuild service for fuel injectors. I didn't know it could be done! The name of the company is (please forgive me!) fiveomotorsport.com. You can place orders via the net or over the phone with "Bruce". I've talked to him and he sounds very knowledgable @ all injectors. The website shows a huge selection to fit different makes. The price?; our injectors' replacements, each different from the other, are $60 each, plus a $70 core charge (for BOTH) and s/h, which, to NC is $11, is $201. He sends the units to you, and after making sure all is right w/them, you send your old set to him and you are refunded the $70. These are made by Bosch, so they should be of good quality. If the injectors in your Vette are visibly in bad shape (bad scratches or rust), they won't except them as cores. This is a decent replacement price compared to brand-new.
So, I asked Santa for a set for Xmas! I'll let you'all know how it works out.

Later, Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:23 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I use seafoam all the time.A little pricey though.Seems to work well.I just had my fuel system professionaly done.I don't think it ever has in it's 39,000 mile life.Now it runs like new.The shop also adds a little stuff to the gas tank.It's nothing you can buy in the store so I don't know what it's called.A little side note,my gas guage now works!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:39 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

fthefireman, can you tell me more about the TBI gasket recall and the fact that it makes the car run rough? Mine runs a little rough when cold and the idle flucuates...like it's trying to idle down but then realizes it's going to die and then idles up. It does this until warm.

Once warm, it runs really good except it hesitates a little off idle.

Any ideas?