It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: T-top pin thingy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:20 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Can anybody help me on this.Both of my t-tops are missing the plastic thing that goes on the FRONT pin that goes into the plastic bushing in the windshield piller.I hope ya'all can understand this.The pins are threaded and do seem to be missing something so I'm guessing it's some sort of plastic/nylon thing.Are these avaliable from someone/place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:30 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I have an idea of the area you are talking about, but i cant picture the actual part you're missing.. Can you throw a picture up so we can help you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:20 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I wish I was that smart at this computer stuff but I'm not.If you reach under the t-top and pull down the latch to remove the top you can see a stud hanging down from the top itself that stud is what goes into the hole in the top of the windshield frame.Mine are threaded and I'm sure yours will have something over the threads.Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:15 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

It's easier then it sounds (the pc stuff).. :)

I dont recall something on that pin. Yes the plastic 'recieving' hole has a white plastic thing in it, but the pin/stud going into that doesnt (if my memory serves me right). I can take a peek at it tonight and maybe the lights go on in my head.. :wink:

I'll get back to ya..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:27 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Copter:
Here is the latching mechanism of my car:
http://laemmer.freeservers.com/html/mechanism.html

Are you talking about the little screw looking thing that get's pressed against the chrome of the car and 'holds' the latch in place ? Has a little black cap on it ? That screw thing can be adjusted to tighten or loosen the 'grip'??

Just so i dont misunderstand the area, here is one of the 'other side', ie the hole with the white plastic:
http://laemmer.freeservers.com/html/recv.html

Let me know..

PS: Sorry has to be links, my 'Free' website doesnt allow me to link to a pic/file.. :oops:

wave..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:22 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I thought I replied to this earlier but I don't see it.Anyway that second link is close.The part that I think I'm missing is part of the stud that goes into that hole.I have the stud so thats fine but it is a bare threaded stud that looks like it should have something threaded on to it.I'm thinking the same material that the bushing is made of that goes into the hole.It should snug up the fit as my tops rattle a little bit.I hope this helps.If you could look at your T-tops and see if it has any plastic/nylon thing over the stud.I think I will need to call a salvadge yard because I can't find any in the catalogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:14 am 
Sorry Copter, i'm still not getting it. The first pic/link has the t-top upside down, with the mechnism open. On the left, next to the outside rubber is the stud that goes into the white plastic receiving hole. No screw/thread or plastic cover as far as i am aware of.
The second link/pic, on the right, is the receiving whole, with the white plastic in it, the 'botton' looking thing is the top of the sunvisor arm.
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:15 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Yep, missed logging in. The above Guest entry was me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:22 am 

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadefibg&GHOME=www.corvettecentral.com&TITLE=Corvette_Central

Corvette Central
Part # 603020
(it shows it in the picture as the second from the top left bolt.)

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadefghb&GHOME=www.riksvet.com&TITLE=RIK'S_UNLIMITED_CORVETTE_PARTS

Rik's Unlimited Corvette parts
Part # THW101

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:54 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

YES!!! The first picture is it.It's that cone shaped thing. mine are missing.If you look at yours you should be able to tell that it is screwed onto the stud.I looks like it's made out of metal.Is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:40 pm 

It's not screwed onto the stud, the stud has a small hole and the nylon pad has a nipple that is inserted into that hole, it provides a little cushion to prevent metal to metal contact....

(hehe I got to say nipple hehehe) :D