It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 am 

My 82 runs for about a half an hour then wants to stall when I come to a stop at a light then ,runs rough and stalls out. Starts up again and sometimes it stalls continues to run rough and other times it is just fine. Anyone Else have this problem ?? Only happens when I stop - Once happened while I was moving on the way to Carlisle vette shut off , But has always restarted. Thanks,
Larry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 am 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

I had simular problems and finally changed my MAP sensor next to the brake booster , doged out at 2nd gear and trying to stall , try a spare one to test or keep one spare.
The oil pressure sensor mounted behind the distributor will shut down your motor if it thinks oil pressure is below 3 psi but a bad connection or bad sensor can cause shut down problems.
Then check the 20 amp fuse next to the battery , I had one only melt a part of the s shape inside fuse and it kept sparking long enough to start car but everytime i would go somewhwere and stop it would die on me.
If all of that checks good you will have to check for water in the gas tank , I know this sounds like ya right , but the way the gas cap is up on top of car and your tank will create a vacuume on hot days and cool nights or just running the gas out of the tank , 1 heavy rain that fiils the rubber boot faster than it can drain out of that small drain hose just lets the water get up under cap and suck right into the tank all night long. I have pulled 2 gallons of water out of my 89 vette and out of my 82 CE each , runs pretty good after that. Pulled the rubber boots off to keep rain out for now , seen where you can modify drain hose diameter that should work to keep your boots on. Good luck buddy. I am new and noticed it is an old question but could help many.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

have the ecm checked, mind did the same mess , unpredictably till replaced. required premium gas with the new ecm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 am 

Do not know about the stalling is it under load or just idle down and stop? If it is under load could be your fuel pump of fuel system. I replaced my fuel pump with an 85 for more pressure after I checked the fuel pressure between the TBI's and found it was 5 psi. I still have fuel pressure issues my pressure is only 8psi now but the car does not stall and will light up both tires on dry pavement in stead of stalling out. It also runs smother at idle. Can hardly wait until I can get the pressure up where it belongs around 11 to 14 psi.

If you do not think it is a crossfire problem you may want to post on the www.c3rv.com. Good luck.