All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CE Decals
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vette_Guy
Site Admin

Posted: 08 Sep 2003 11:50 pm Post subject: CE Decals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any experience with applying decals? I have a complete set.... in fact, was the first set that Stencils and Stripes produced.... a few years ago. They have not been out of the tube since they were purchased.... in 1998-99(?). I have one shot to make it right!

Thanks!

Mark

Parrish Patterson

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 03:47 pm Post subject: Decals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try this,
I use windex or similar product and spray the surface to be apllied to first then set the decal on top. It should move around where you want it to then squegee the remainder of the windex out from underneath the decal.

This usually works if the decal does not have a paper protective cover on top of it.-- If it does then it must be applied dry.

Very important--make sure the surface is cool, and not in direct sunlight.

This works for me but you might want to ask a paint and body technician to verify, I'm sure they have more experience than me.

Please let me know how they turn out.

Vette_Guy
Site Admin

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 03:51 pm Post subject:

Thanks! I have one other big project I need to finish first, but hope to get this completed soon!
Mark

fsahm
Veteran Forum Member

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 04:38 pm Post subject:

Mark,
get the Bottle of gel-application-stuff from Sencil&Stripes.
That works very well. If there is still some of the gel under the Decals, donĀ“t worry. That disapeares after some days, or you take a heat-gun or Hairdryer, to make it quicker.

But that is mthe only stuff, that works very well.
Take a look at Stencil & Stripes at my Homepage:

http://www.nwn.de/sahm/

I love it.
Friedel

Vette_Guy
Site Admin

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 12:32 am Post subject:

Hey Friedel!
Did you purchase your decals from Ralph at Stencils and Stripes? I bought his first set..... and still have never taken them out of the tube! If so, how do they look? I didn't want to rip any accidently trying to put them back in the tube!

Mark

fsahm
Veteran Forum Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 03:49 pm Post subject:

Mark,
take a look at my homepage. I love it. I think, the fdecals are slightly lighter, than the originals.
But you have to put them on new paint, to see the real color of the decals.
I did take some looking to the decals, hen they were still int he roll.
Friedel

fsahm
Veteran Forum Member

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 09:58 am Post subject:

Take a look at my Homepage:
www.sahm.tk
under
Neu: "Collector Edition" Bilder im Herbst 2003

there you have a Link to a lot of new Pics, where you see the Decals in different colors from the sun.
Friedel

bigdaddy

Posted: 11 May 2004 05:53 pm Post subject: Re: CE Decals

Vette_Guy wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with applying decals? I have a complete set.... in fact, was the first set that Stencils and Stripes produced.... a few years ago. They have not been out of the tube since they were purchased.... in 1998-99(?). I have one shot to make it right!

Thanks!

Mark

Mark- All advice made is good. But in addition. the decals for the sides can be applied 1 of 2 ways: hold the decal on area to be applied to and make reference marks along top & edge closest to front tire with grease pencil, then you & another person take each end of the decal, after applying your choice of liquid to area, peel back leading edge. Before applying exposed edge, line up BOTH edges to reference marks, THEN apply leading edge. Have 2nd person keep decal tight just above surface & peel back @ 6' at a time & SLOWLY squeegie to the back edge. DO NOT be afraid to saturate area with liquid as this will allow some movement of decal IF needed. The hood decal will need 3 people (front & both sides) Lay decal & make reference marks, continue as above, but start at the BACK of the hood & work forward. It is VERY important that surfaces are COOL, NO WARMTH AT ALL! You can use a credit card as a squeegie, but a small window squeegie works best. WORK SLOWLY! I cannot overemphasize that. If decal is kept tight while applying, there is less chance of bubbles & creases. Bubbles can removed by piercing one end with a pin or needle to release fluid inside. I'm a former sign company employee. I hope this helps you & anyone else attempting this.

Robert