It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Interior Dye
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigdaddy

Posted: 17 May 2004 11:10 am Post subject: Interior Dye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me what kind of dye can be purchased in all of the colors of the CE interior or the product #?

Post subject: Interior dye update
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:26 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Update on interior dye discussion-

I got the Silver Beige from Corvette America and had the stripe colors and console bronze custom blended at the local NAPA Paint store and the lady did an amazing job! SEM products were used in the process.
Also, a local leather furn. manufacturer is going to get me some raw, un-dyed leather and I'm going to dye the pieces with all colors (using the original door panel as a template for measurements. They will then take the leather, along with thin fiber sheets glued to reverse sides, put in all required stitching and replicate the map pockets and attach.
I'll let you all know how it turns out and what the total investment is.

bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:47 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

That sounds interesting.And I thought getting dark brown floor mats was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:48 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Sounds very interesting BigDaddy.Keep us posted.It may be a more econimical way to go. 8)
Jules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:02 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

To All- I'm getting ready to re-dye my seats & the used door panels I got in Tennessee. If anyone would like, I'll take pics of each step of the prep & dye process & then a comparison pic of before & after. I'm starting on them Friday 1-14.
Let me know- I've already done most of the interior trim & it has turned out pretty dang good!
Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:46 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Heck yes BigDaddy,Iwould enjoy seeing the restoration as I have mine yet to do.
Jules

Post subject: dye pics
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:17 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

UPDATE:
I've got some pics ready of interior dying process. I am computer illiterate & I looked at D-dawgs instructions for getting the pics on the site & got a serious headache! I've got them on my Kodak EasyShare software on my machine. Please explain gently to me!!

Big-Duh-daddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:41 am 

First go take some asprin...

Now, you can't post them from "YOUR" computer.
You have to upload them to a web space first...

Do you have a web storage site??? Most ISP's give you some to use as part of your account.

You will have to upload your pictures there. Let me know if you are with me so far...

Post subject: dye pics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:58 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

someone tell me if this will work, for those interested: send your email address to me at bigdaddy28638@yahoo.com and I will send a reply with attachments containing the dyeing process steps and descriptions of each.
I think this will be easier overall and I will reply as many times as needed.
Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:47 am 

HAHA Sorry it's so confusing....But try this.

Go to tinypic --> http://tinypic.com/ and all you have to do is click the "browse" button, it will open a new small window looking at your hard drive. You will need to use that window to find the pictures on your computer (just like attaching them to an email), then click the "Host It" button...

After it uploads, you will get a new page loaded. on the bottom there will be 4 lines with url code in them. You will want to highlight and copy the top one titled "Link". It should look like this....( http://tinypic.com/***** ), after you copy it, just paste it into your reply here, then we can all just click on it to view your pictures...

Also, if you start a little text file from notepad on your computer, you can paste each URL in it with a little description to keep track of which link is which, then if you ever need to repost a pic, you will already have the link to copy and paste......

I hope this helps, after seeing SuperSteve post his, I thought this would help you and anyone else with their pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:38 pm 
Greetings from Norway

Does anyone know the RAL code for the CE interior dye. I have a company that can make dye for me to refinish my interior but they need the RAL code to do so. Are there such a code on the 592 paint??

Thanks

Tor Inge

Post subject: Dye
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:41 pm 

Just made me a member of the forum. Didnt think of doing that before I posted the post above.

Good To be a CE owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:10 am 

Greetings Tor,
I'm sure one of the guys will pop in here with some help real soon for you.

Welcome to the registryImage

Post subject: Dye
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:27 am 

I really hope so. I am putting the car together again and need to be finished within the 1. of may to attend my Local American car clubs Spring Meeting on that day.

Thanks

Tor

Post subject: Interior dye info
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hi 'yall, I'm ba-a-a-ck!!!!
Sorry I've neglected the site & your requests, but the last several months...well, I won't go there!
OK, I can't even get the photos to attach & send on ANY email! But I found an easy solution for all. Go to: diynet.com
"Classic Car Restoration"
Episode DCR-209

The dye process was featured on tonights show; on a '62 Vette no less! The website goes into more detail of the process, but they don't give the brand of dye products used. I recognized the cans & it was the SEMS line. The website instructions use Vinyl Prep, Primer & Dye sprays. In our cases, though, we would use the Leather/Plastic Prep & the Dye sprays. The primer is needed only when you're spraying one color over a different one. The Silver-Beige interior color comes from Corvette America. The Seat/Door Panel stripe & dark bronze console colors have to be custom-mixed, which I got at a NAPA Paint store. The good thing @ the SEMS dyes is that the dyes can be applied to just about any surface, including carpet! Just follow the instructions carefully, TAKE YOUR TIME!, and if you have any questions about the process, please ask & I'll answer...PROMPTLY!

Bigdaddy