It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Big Daddy do you have the dye code #'s from NAPA? I need to dye my door panels but the stripes are not the original colors for a color match.

Post subject: interior dye
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:22 pm 
Chickenjerk- Unfortunately, there aren't any codes for the colors for the seat stripes. We can do one of two things: 1-You can take a door panel to your local NAPA paint shop and have them custom-blend the colors for you, like I did. 2- If that service is not available in your area, I can see what the cost would be to blend the colors again and maybe have the formula recorded for each color(that's trickey since it is mostly a trial & error process), the cost of shipping the pint cans (the smallest amount available & you would have to use a spray gun), to you. I can take one of my panels for them to use. Let me know and give me your address if you choose to let me do it.
One other thing can be done, if other members would be interested in purchasing the stripe dye: this shop will put the dye into aerosol cans but there is a minimum number of each color that have to be purchased in order to do that. I'll have to check to see what that number is and the cost. Anyone interested, let me know. The aerosol cans are probably the best route to go if other members are interested and don't have a spray gun.

Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:20 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thanks Big Daddy. Using my door panels is not an option since mine have been reupholstered to the wrong color. The other option seems to be too much trouble on your part. I have a NAPA shop here close and I think the pint cans would do fine and I have a cup gun to spray with. I'm not in a hurry to resolve this, but I would like to get my interior straight. I may just opt for the CE interior kit from one of the vette catalogs even thought they are quite expensive. I appreciate your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:52 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

You could go to the NAPA store and get the preval sprayer and bottle and apply it that way.Much less that getting the paint put in a rattle can