It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Manifold bolts
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigdaddy

Posted: 17 May 2004 11:07 am Post subject: manifold bolts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the mounting bolts for the CFI manifold plate need to be torqued in the sequence as the manifold bolts?

TwinTurbo

Posted: 17 May 2004 08:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they do. I don't think any manual mentions it but you work in a circular motion just like you do with cylinder heads. Just follow the spiral, starting with the TB studs on the outside.

Desertdawg

Posted: 18 May 2004 12:15 am Post subject:

Thanks for checking and posting answers on our forum Marck, I was going to ask you this question in IM.

You beat me to it.

TwinTurbo

Posted: 18 May 2004 05:20 am Post subject:

I once made a small image with numbers for a proper sequence, there are other ways of doing it but this is the way I used to and it gives good results. It's somewhere on the CFI Vault but I can't find it LOL

Posted: 18 May 2004 03:04 pm Post subject:

a general rule of thumb for torquing is to torque from the center out

bigdaddy

Posted: 25 May 2004 09:36 am Post subject: Manifold bolts

I torqued manifold plate bolts from the center out & it worked! I replaced all gaskets involving the CFI & rebuilt the throttle-bodies while I was at it. It took several different kits to get all that was needed. I have some duplicate pieces left over. If anyone might be interested, let me know & I'll make a list & get some pictures of them.

bigdaddy