It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cam choice
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:19 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I want to bump up my get up and go to my stock 82CE.I just want a cam change,don't want to get way in the engine.Looking for more bottom end HP/TQ.I'm keeping the crossfire stuff,trying to remain origanilty.Got and ideas? :idea: Oh yes I'm still looking for rear hinges.Havent givin up.Giving up means accepting defeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:34 am 

You can install either the crane 2040 or 2030, it should work fine with your stock computer.
The 2030 is a mild version, 2040 is bigger Tim Allen style.
Also look at installing a set of quality 1.5 rockers or 1.6 rockers. The stock ones are known for being less than advertised, since they were massed produced, the tolerances were always off a little.
Good & Cheap
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=25465
Better
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=13701

I have an L79 cam and a set of the better rockers (1.6 ratio) that I will probably use in the motor I'm going to put together. Hopefully before hell freezes over...

I know of one other 82 owner that went with an L79 cam with new heads, and headers, and he was impressed with the performance...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:46 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thanks,thats a start.I'm trying to find something like you suggested with the rockers.I don't want to swap heads and I know I should but I'm still wanting the stock thing.If I can get buy with a cam and rockers and more bottom end out of it I'll be a happy camper.