It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:35 pm 

After owning 3 Vette’s, I now want to build a nice one! My fav is 80-82’s. I have a beat 1980. Also, I just bought the complete openable rear window assembly from a 1982 CE to put in my ’80. But, after getting it, I’m sure there are some interior trim pieces I’m missing. And, it looks like quite the job to convert my ’80 to the openable rear window, as complete as what I have is. And, I still don’t have the power remote mirrors (another must) and the power seat (which would be nice, but not a must). So, maybe there’s a Collector Edition out there with a blown engine, light body damage, or something that could be had at a decent price that would be a better starting point. If you have one, please let me know condition, price, and your location. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:47 pm 
I just thought of this after posting my WTB above. My '80 is a California car with the thundering 305 under the hood. I wouldn't expect any of the Corvette faithful to get mad at me for changing a bunch of things on it. However, messing with a CE might be another matter. What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:18 am 

If you find a CE in sad shape, it's going to cost allot more to restore it to original, than it would to just go ahead and build it the way you want it to be.
There are plenty of low mileage original NCRS CE's out there, one less will just make those worth more.

Just remember, it's YOUR Corvette, build it the way you want to, not the way someone else says you should build it. Who's money is it anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:20 am 

Here's a thread of some of my modifications.
http://www.corvetteaddiction.com/82ce/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111