It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:53 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

:D For Sale pair of rear hatch struts they are new, but not the original equipment.I had a limited amount of these custom manufactured,If you own a CE, I am sure you have experienced trouble with your hatch adjustment (the aluminum alloy hinges stretch causing hatch adjustment to be nesaccery even going as far as having to make the hinge mounting slot longer or relocating the pin in the hinge, so what I did was had these struts made. The original equipment struts can lift approx. 75lbs each (total 150lbs)the hatch glass weighs about 35lbs. MY lifts can lift 50lbs each (total 100lbs) The jury is still out ,but I am hoping this modification will stop the stretching of the hinges. At this lower pressure the hatch still pops open and raises very nicely. I have owned three CE and had to deal with this problem on all of them (Still own one 16,000 org miles) Just remove your old ones and install your new ones and Your hatch will again raise by itself. $108.00 shipping included I am sure that you will be pleased I have them on my CE they work great.Please email with any questions or for pictures Thank you Pete