It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm 

Hello Everyone,

Dxine, Inc. has been manufacturing the 82 CEC exterior decal set for almost 10 years now and currently we are discontinuing the product. The remaining kits are the same kits that Eckler's, Phoenix, Stencils and Stripes, and Corvette Central have been selling in their catalogs.

We can no long maintain the printing process so we are selling the last 6 kits directly to the end user at the full retail price. If you wish to purchase them, I have posted them on eBay, or I will deal with you directly if that makes you feel more comfortable.

These kits are brand new and ready for shipping. The cost is $1500 and contains the gradient decals for the hood and doors and all the pin stripes.

If interested please email me at info@dxine.net

Thank you,
Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:49 pm 

brucea001,

Will these kits be reproduced by other companies or will this be the end of all the kits for future pruchase?

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Last edited by Iron 82 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Kit Reproduction
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:59 am 

Hello,

No, the kit will not be reproduced by anyone because of the printing issues. The original method is available but the cost and the minimum order is so great that no one with common sense would touch it. There are two companies left that print in the original format and the initial start-up cost would $25k. Then the minimum order would be greater than 100k; there just aren't that many 82 CEC's out there.

Any other format of printing (digital, screen, etc.) leaves the producer with a greater failure rate than a acceptable/passing rate. The cost would increase at least by 3, so a gradient kit would cost around $3000 compared to the $800-$1000 it is today.

Knowing that this day would come, I spent many years looking into re-manufacturing these kits around the world. I contacted companies in China, Japan, Taiwan, Canada, and everywhere in the United States.

I'm a avid fan of the 82 CEC and used to own one was I was in my early twenties. I loved the car to death and still do! I'm sad that I never got the opportunity to purchase another, and there is still time for that...

Thanks, Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:02 am 

BTW,

If anyone from this site wishes to make an offer for a kit, please fell free to email me. I must ask that you don't nickel and dime me...

Best wishes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:12 am 

Hello,

Thank you for reading the posts and your support. I have to tell you that all kits have been sold and I have no stock left.

Best always and drive safe,
Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 am 

Congrats on all your sells.

Iron82

Post subject: Decals are BACK!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:20 pm 

Hello Everyone,

The decals are being manufactured again. If you are interested, then email me at info@dxine.net. In about a week or so I should have a web-site up to handle the sales. For now, we'll need to do it the old fashioned way...

Have a great day!
Bruce :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:30 pm 

Thanks for the update. I'll place this thread as an announcement for all to read and email you. :D

Iron82