It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 pm 

I'm a habitual parts collector, so I bought stuff even if I didn't really need it. Well, I sold my CE at one of the Scottsdale auctions in January, so now this stuff is just sitting around. I've been a member here for a while, and I'm also a long-time member on Corvetteforum.com under the same user name.

All prices INCLUDE SHIPPING (USPS Priority Mail for most items) to anywhere in the lower 48. Money order or Paypal accepted. I'm not on here very often, so if you're interested in anything please email me at sstingray66@aol.com. Please also post here so everyone knows who's first, etc. I can email pictures of this stuff if you need them. I'll give it at least a couple weeks here before I list this stuff on Corvetteforum and ebay.

I've tried to price everything fairly, but please let me know if I'm out of line on something.

1. Set of four CE wheels and centercaps with Goodyear Eagle GT+4 tires. Wheels could use a good cleaning, but no curb rash, faded paint, or peeling clearcoat. Tires are older, but excellent condition with good tread and no rot. These were Goodyear's performance tire that replaced the Eagle GT's. They have outline white letters like the original Eagle GT's. Centercaps are nice with very minor flaking of the plastic chrome/paint. All-in-all, a very nice set of wheels and tires for a driver, or clean them up well for a show car. $1,200 shipped.

2. Centercap removal tool. Original, extremely rare. The blue rubber coating on the handle has a small tear. Perfectly functional as-is, or I believe you can get a kit to recoat it. It's the same stuff you dip tool handles into (like pliers) to make the rubber handles. $100 shipped. [SOLD]

3. CE carpet set. Complete, BRAND NEW in the box, Auto Custom Carpets reproduction. I was going to replace my faded carpet, but I found a way to dye it instead. I installed the new rear carpet only and trimmed it to fit the rear edge of the storage compartment, but other than that nothing has been used or installed. The rear should work just fine, but if not I'll work with whoever buys it. I'll also include the side console boards that the carpet glues to, shipped separately. $160 shipped (big heavy box). [SOLD]

4. CE center armrest pad. Silver-beige leather and vinyl. Original, excellent condition. $50 shipped.

5. Original Delco shocks. Set of four. Only about 13,000 miles. Perfect for a Bloomington Gold or Topflight car. $400 shipped.

6. Technalon/Evolution 4 car cover. Used a little, but very nice. No rips. Water resistant for indoor or outdoor use, heavy weight protects paint from hail, door dings, kids' bicycles, etc. Custom fit for 1980-82 Corvettes. $120 shipped.

7. AutoArt 1982 CE diecast model. Probably the best one next to the Franklin Mint model. Nice detail. No box. $55 shipped.

8. GM dealer CE poster. Extremely rare. These were given to dealers to display in the showroom. Shows CE in the foreground, regular '82 two-tone in the background. Printed on thick cardboard (not what you'd think of as a poster). Originally displayed in a metal frame. I had it professionally framed in a bronze colored metal frame with glass. Small vertical scratch in the poster on one side, but not very noticeable. Really cool item for your garage, home, or office. $200 shipped (framing job alone was about $100). I also have a similar 1978 dealer poster, unframed, showing the '78 silver anniversary and '53 Corvettes.

9. Door sill plates. Original, some minor scratches but nice. $25 shipped.

10. Rubber front spoilers, left and right. Left is good, right has about a 2" tear at the left side (center of the car). Glue it with superglue or rubber cement and it'd probably be fine for a driver. $50 shipped for both.

11. Driver side glass. Original, almost perfect condition. No scratches. You'll look long and hard to find one this nice. Date code was correct for my June '82 car, but I can get the code if necessary. I'm pretty sure it was April or May of 1982. $150 shipped. [SOLD]

12. T-top locks. Two sets, NOS, in original GM packages, for glass T-tops. Hard to come by these old original GM locks. One set needed per car. $75 per set.

13. T-top shades. I don't know much about these and never tried them. I think they just press-fit into the glass tops to make sort of a padded black headliner, not the static cling plastic film. $25/pair shipped. [SOLD]

14. Cruise control/turn signal stalk/lever. NOS in GM package. I have a couple that look the same but have different mounting systems, so we'd have to figure out which is correct. Both are NOS. $75 shipped.

15. CE fuel door emblem. Not in original box, but I was told it's NOS. Looks mint to me. $50 shipped.

16. Old CE magazine centerfold ad. Full color, excellent condition, features the '82 CE and its unique features. I was going to have it framed. $15 shipped. [SOLD]

17. Original set of four CE press releases. The same releases as were in the CE press kits, but these are very neat because they actually came from the GM archives. Here's the story... the guy I got them from told me he knew the personal secretary of the guy at GM responsible for marketing (VP of Sales/Marketing?) and he kept all these releases until a few years ago when GM got rid of all of them. They were going to throw out boxes of releases, but this guy got all of them. That's the story anyway, but I believe it because he had a ton of old press releases. Regardless, a cool piece of GM history, the four releases cover Corvette history and the end of production at St. Louis, the new Bowling Green plant, introduction of the special CE model, and the new Crossfire Injection engine and four-speed automatic transmission for 82 Corvettes. $25 shipped. [SOLD]

Last edited by BlackbirdZ07 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:37 pm 

I hope everything is going ok. You placed some great items and prices. You should get a lot of people wanting to purchase your items.

Good Luck.

I have sent you an email concerning the hub cap tool (#2). Thanks.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 am 

Iron 82 wrote:
I hope everything is going ok. You placed some great items and prices. You should get a lot of people wanting to purchase your items.

Good Luck.

I have sent you an email concerning the hub cap tool (#2). Thanks.

Things are going very well Iron '82, thanks. I just found a '67 convertible I had to have. I miss the CE though. I need to post my method of redying the CE carpet on this forum because it might be useful to others with faded but otherwise undamaged carpet. I experimented with fabric dyes and found the right mixture that was very close to the original color.

I'm just trying to pass on some stuff to people who can use it and raise a little money for projects on the '67, not trying to get rich.

Returned your email. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 am 

BlackbirdZ07 wrote:
Things are going very well Iron '82, thanks. I just found a '67 convertible I had to have. I miss the CE though. I need to post my method of redying the CE carpet on this forum because it might be useful to others with faded but otherwise undamaged carpet. I experimented with fabric dyes and found the right mixture that was very close to the original color.

I'm just trying to pass on some stuff to people who can use it and raise a little money for projects on the '67, not trying to get rich.

Returned your email. Thanks!

Congrats on finding your dream vette. You'll be needing every penny for those beauties. Again, Good Luck with that marble. :P

Monies will be sent to you Monday. Thanks again.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 am 

Iron 82 wrote:

Congrats on finding your dream vette. You'll be needing every penny for those beauties. Again, Good Luck with that marble. :P

Monies will be sent to you Monday. Thanks again.

Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:10 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Interested in # 11, 16 & 17. Email sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

1MORTOY wrote:
Interested in # 11, 16 & 17. Email sent.

Replied to your email. Will try to get you an answer soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just a note to say thanks for the smooth deal & for shipping things across the border into Canada...all the items (17,16,13,11) were as described & the glass truely is in mint condition. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm 

1MORTOY wrote:
Just a note to say thanks for the smooth deal & for shipping things across the border into Canada...all the items (17,16,13,11) were as described & the glass truely is in mint condition. :D :D

Thanks! Glad everything made it with no problems. :D