It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CE parts FS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:59 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I received this email but I have no idea who the sender is so I thought I would post it.

"My 1982 Collector’s Edition was in a fatal accident, but it left me lots of excellent parts, including a custom interior. Do you need anything for yours? Richard (831) 659-5850 or rabend761@aol.com "

Please do not email me for info as I cannot help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:06 am 

I received the same email. I wonder if he got our email addresses through this forum or the registry. I'd be very careful dealing with "Richard".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:49 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I got the same thing.. Odd..

:? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:49 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I received the same email and had replied asking for photos of what was left of the car to see if there were any parts I may be interested in. He replied that he had already sold the back glass and that his interior had custom gauges and custom brown upholstery. While I haven't seen photos, his response to my questions for the condition of his door panels and seat cushions tells me that he may very well be legit. I had let him know I was only interested in the original parts and he let me know that the items I was looking for were not original. If he was looking to scam someone he could have easilly said he had the items and offered them for sale at a price.
Based upon the previous posts, I would be certain that he obtained our emails from this forum.

Post subject: Parts for sale
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 pm 

I'm "Richard" and have the 82 ce parts for sale. I appreciate your wariness but I am not out to rip anyone off. I found your email addresses on the Registry and one by one, sent you all the same email. I know that when I was working on my Vette, it was difficult to get parts and prices were prohibitive. I wish someone would have contacted me about parts for sale. But, if you do not trust me, please ignore me. However, if you do need something for your 82, let me know. I am located in Carmel Valley, California and do not earn my livelihood from selling used car parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Too bad there is not some convient way to e-mail or ping all of the members here. I'm trying to get the word out that I have one more set of hinges left, but unless someone stumbles over it, they won't know.

Last time there were some unhappy campers who did not get the word and missed out on the batch.

Anyway I did not get the e-mail from Richard, so if he's checking back here, need the security switch from the back glass. It is on the driver's side air spring (strut).

THere is also a tiny PC board that makes the low gas warning light come on. Wouldn't mind having that either.

You say you sold the glass, but do you have the latch pins and the mounts for them?. I don't need them, but one of my hinge buyers does.

Post subject: parts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 pm 

I think I do have the back glass security switch. I'll need to dig through my parts later today. Tell me more about the gas warning light - is the part inside the computer or is it located in a brown plastic case attached to the computer? The latch pins I sold with the back glass but the mounts (catches?) I still have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:20 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'm goign to e-mail you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:18 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just a heads up for those monitoring this thread.

I bought a part from Richard. He first said he had not received a check when it had already cleared my bank.

Today I finally received the part and it is broken and useless. It may be an honest mistake that he will make good on, but at the moment, I don't know.

- Steve