It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Guy with a question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:30 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hey Everyone;
I just registered and am looking forward to participating on this great Vetters Web site. I've been out off the Loop for a few years, my wife and I had 4 vettes over a six year period (a silver & clarinet 82. a CE 82, an 86 coupe and a 72 Rdst) For years my wife said the CE was her favorite. So last Fall for our 20th Wed. Aniv. I surprised her with a nice one. 27K 99% original. which I've been working on ever since. I want it Better Than New. So I've redone 90% of the interior. and am now working on the engine compartment. After Decades as a "Purest" I've decided to go down the Mild Custom route on this car. The exterior will look mostly stock but the engine compartment will have Kick & Bling! On to the question. I'm swapping off original stock (NCRS Grade) rubber, with oversiszed 275/50/15 Nitto Drag Radials. For a modern clean black wall (sort of low profile) look. How would I go about finding someone looking for 1982 original (restoration grade) Rubber and with new tires in the $100/ea range what are these tire really worth? Thanks for taking the time to read this Long post. chat soon Ger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:36 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Sorry Gerry, got nothing for you on the tires. Hopefully someone comes around that does soon. :oops:

Welcome to the Site.. I hope you registered "her" car in the Registry. We all want to see pics, of course. They might all appear the same for the unknown, but not to us.. :wink: 8)

Again Welcome here and welcome back to the Fever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 pm 

Hi Gerry,

There used to be a place that you could sale stuff like that attached to the NCRS website, but I can't find it anymore.
The only other suggestion I can think of would be to go to the CorvetteForum and try to sale them. There are a lot of NCRS guys that keep an eye on that forum.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. My problem is I don't know how much $ to ask.

Anyway I had to laugh at the "her" Comment which hit the nail on the head. The CT Vanity Lic Plate we got say's "HER-82" (but the reg. & Title is in my name) No doubt it is Her Car (I gave it to her) but it is trully My Passion! Hey, it's better that a mistress. and the car rarley complains. :lol: