It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:07 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

JohnnyB-
I'll contact you when the visit gets set up.
Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:12 am 

Well, I have been running my butt off too, vacation, work, holidays, heck what else can we cram into the last 2 weeks...

I did get a little more done on the CAD drawing, but it's still not finished, hopefully I can find some free time this week to finish it....

Oh, and don't let anyone ever tell you that Disneyland is the place to be on christmas day, the park was full (gates closed) at 3 pm. For a desertrat, that was a lot of people to be right in the middle of. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:21 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Dawg, you should know better than to go to any major theme park attraction on a holiday , the are ALL ,ALWAYS packed!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:57 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I found a guy willing to sell a set of hinges from a Collector with less than 15,000 miles on it.Are we making any inroads with the guy who said he would loan us a pair?If we need the ones I mentioned I don't think they will be available for long.If anyone wants to buy them let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.
As a last resort I will buy them if we need them and donate them to the cause if I can get a set of the new improved version.
Your opinions please.
Thanks , Jules
Oh yeah,and DesertDawg just in case you just got that song out of your head,I'll remind you again. ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL.....ITS A SMALL SMALL WORLD(repeat over and over!) :D

Post subject: Hinges
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:17 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I was under the impression that the general train of thought on the hinge pattern was to copy from a "NEW"set. Even though a set has come off a low mileage car , they still have over 20 years of stress on them. Someone said they had access to at least 1 new one,so all we are lacking is the other side. Even so ,if the used hinges are for sale it might be wise for someone to snag them up!!! Got any idea how much he wants for them??? If you can find out, please send me an E-mail. THANKS!!

Post subject: Hinges
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:23 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I posted earlier that I had found a right side, "new" hinge for the CE. My CE has 16,000 miles on it and the hinges were adjusted for stretching two years ago. The hinges from the other 16,000 mile CE may be used as a pattern for the left hinge, but stretched hinges as a model for reproduction will not meet our needs. We are getting there! Patience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:05 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Since your point is valid about these particular hinges still being stressed because of their age I will hold off on the purchase.However if anyone is interested, they are selling for 150 dollars and I will put you in direct contact with the seller.
Happy New Year (one year closer to my Collector being classified as an "antique"), Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:02 am 

Well I had a crash, my CAD program took a crap on me, so I haven't been able to finish the drawings yet. I have a friend thats getting me another copy, and I should be up and running again by this weekend.

I know the file is still there of the work I have already done, so at least I won't be starting from scratch again...

Anyone else have new news????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:03 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I have been scouring the net for new hinges,but I'm sure many have tried already.Found a cuople of parts locator services that said they could find "any" part but have got no replies.Other than that no news from me.
Hey,Dawg I will possibly be visiting Vegas in the fall and I am looking forward to a visit to Laughlin,and viewing your state across the Colorodo River.
Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:03 am 

Good luck looking just don't pay a fortune if you do find some.

Hope you have a good trip out here. You will still be about 4 hours away from where I live when your in Laughlin.