It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:25 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I painted my rockers the same met brown as the faded stripes. I know they were black to begin with, but they match the rest of the car much better in brown. Keep in mind that GM used decals for most of our car, and when you have 100,000rockers already black and decals won't go on them, it is much easier to put them on black than to start painting rockers and all those screw heads. I think they just didn't want to do all that.
If I can ever post pictures here. I'll show you them brown.
Steve
or try this: http://tinypic.com/1g0z9h :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:11 pm 

I don't think "tinypic" allows hot linking...Just adding the clickable link like you did is better then nothing...

I like it, Damn every time I see a picture of your CE it makes me want to start modifying. To bad I have to cover college bills with my daughters, oh well, maybe one day soon....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:05 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I have a 16yr old girl that is top of her class 4.0average, so hopefully that will help with the college days arrive. My son has to be nearly beaten every day to do his homework. My plans are to have this car just the way I want it before those college days. Why do these things never get completed? Always something to change on the vette.....
Steve
http://tinypic.com/1g6f55

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:08 am 

My oldest is halfway through her second year, at NAU, and my younger daughter is like yours, 17 year-old Junior with a 4.0. Here in Arizona they offer a Honors scholarship to the top 1%, the oldest got it, and there is no competition against the younger one for it either. So at least we are getting 4 years each worth of tuition.

But don't think it ends there, we went through 9 grand easily last year in "other" costs... (dorm, food, books, travel, etc.).

Plus I made a big Daddy mistake, I promised both of them a ride (within in reason) if they got good grades and didn't get pregnant while in high school. So on top of the college bills, we had to buy the oldest what she wanted (F150 stepside), and the youngest is wanting the same thing.

Now you know why I just keep mine running, and don't go hog wild with the go fast goodies, and all the other bells and whistles like you are doing.... More power to ya, just be ready for college, it hits hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:10 pm 
I sell real estate and last june when my daughter was about to turn 16, I came upon a good buy on a 60K home, I proposed to my daughter for us to buy it, fix it up and sell it to use toward her first car. Well, the people who sold it to us moved out and left it in such fantastic shape that about all I had to do was to make a phone call to a carpet store and get new carpet on the way. While that was being done, I had my daughter go over one saturday and paint the walls, and I expoxied the garage floor with a one color coat. 2days later a buyer showed up with a full price offer and
we cleared 8,700.00. My wife found a 2003 eclipse for 7500(4cyl,32mpg) and we quickly pimped it out with 17"wheels and tires and the euro lights outside that all the kids want. To make the story short, we spent exactly the 8700to get her her first car. When I think about all the crap I went through of mowing lawns, ect when I was 16 to buy my first piece of Junk!
(72mach 1 Mustang totally rusted out) Anyway, that was the deal, so hopefully the car will last her through college. It has 30K miles on it. If your property values are going up in your area like most, a good way to make cash is to buy and sell like that, although you have to be very careful to pick a home that fits what most buyers want(IE:3br,2ba,2car gar,gas heat,vinyl siding) If you don't make any mistakes buying, that is a good way to get extra money for your car.
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:37 pm 

The real estate market here is a dog, I live in a very small town (pop.>1000), most homes are about 25 + years old. and there is really no new market to make a profit in.

And to go with living out in the middle of nowhere, me and the wife decided that buying a brand new vehicle with a warranty would be better, less worries when they are traveling to and from college, and if anything does break, they can just call the dealership. I won't have to load up my tools and drive for hours to go fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:01 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I bet you've never heard of Bagdad, AZ. That is the little town
I was born in. Not too far from Prescott.
I have an aunt and uncle in Skull Valley. My Aunt was just elected
to state representative(Judy Burges)
I live in the mountains of North Central Arkansas. Surrounded by
Bull Shoals and Norfork Lakes.
www.gilbertrealty.com
http://resource.realtor.com/display/def ... &rt=202014
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:41 am 

I have been through Bagdad before, and Skull Valley is a real nice drive with the T Tops off...Very beautiful...

I was going to post your picture here from your listing page, but I thought better of it. Nice to see your doing good... :mrgreen:

I work for the Union Pacific railroad, I'm on call 24/7 and usually average about 15 to 20 OT hours a week. That pretty much derails any extra work for me, I try to spend plenty of time with my family also...
The pay is good enough that it's really hard to give it up just to go into business for myself, I'm sort of stuck with what I have, but it does pay the bills...