It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CE center cap pricing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:13 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Wow!! That place in Houston is the cheapest at $90.00.Then Mid America at $119.00 but my god Ecklers at $159.00 is way out of line.I have had my share of old Camaros(Still have a 71Z)So I know all about shopping around the catalogs.There allways seems to be one company that overprices their stuff.Is this the case with Ecklers?How does everyone feel about shopping with them.I know Classic Ind.is the last resort for Camaro parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:04 pm 

I can sit for hours pricing out parts in all the catalogs I have, then I sit down in front of the computer and start hitting every site I can find, then I give my order to the cheapest overall.
But sometimes you have to spend a few dollars more to get everything in one order, the shipping charges can kill off any savings you found real fast if you have to order from several different places.

I have ordered from Ecklers, they had "all" the parts to the window rollers, and the T top pin and bushing refurb kit that I needed, yeah it cost me about $21.00 more than the other places, but getting it all in one order helped soften the over priced parts.
Also, you can get a "small" discount if you use your Corvetteforum name when you order through Ecklers, I think it's around 5%...

Now you want to talk expensive, start pricing parts for my 79 Jeep CJ7 :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:23 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Dont want to knock Ecklers, but i had some VERY bad experiences with them (a Radio 'repair'), and usually their prices are way up there, but if i cant find it anywhere else and dont need to ask questions, has to be them.