It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seat hinges
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 pm 

I'm having trouble getting my passenger seat to fold down. It seems to be stuck. Anyone know how to get the passenger seat to fold? :?

Thanks in advance.
Gino

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:12 am 

I had the same trouble.

I was able to put a small slotted screwdriver end between the seat hinge flange plates where the seat top and bottom join together and "jiggling" /prying gently.

Evidently there is a tang or dog on the seat hinge there that can stick and prevent the seat from folding forward.

Post subject: Lesson learned
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:26 pm 

Thanks Dak82CE, I'll try it when I get a chance. These vehicles are like egg shells after 27 years. Easy does it...I've learned my lesson once when I had a frozed hatchback window latch. I ended up popping the release handle right off the cable assembly. Had to buy another cable assembly from a parted out CE. I lucked out that time.
One would think as the parts become harder and harder to find, the 82 CE should only go up in value despite what is displayed for milage. :D
Anyone have any thoughts on that subject :?: :idea:

Post subject: Re: Lesson learned
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Glastc3 wrote:
Thanks Dak82CE, I'll try it when I get a chance. These vehicles are like egg shells after 27 years. Easy does it...I've learned my lesson once when I had a frozed hatchback window latch. I ended up popping the release handle right off the cable assembly. Had to buy another cable assembly from a parted out CE. I lucked out that time.
One would think as the parts become harder and harder to find, the 82 CE should only go up in value despite what is displayed for milage. :D
Anyone have any thoughts on that subject :?: :idea:

Gino, just be happy they "stay" the value they had 27 years ago. Try and find another car (not a Corvette) that after 27 years has held it's value. :wink: And can still be gotten.

If it were a million dollar car, i know I wouldnt be able to afford driving mine. :shock:

Post subject: True
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm 

Stefan,

That may be true, but we've all spent a pretty penny restoring these babies to near perfection. They should hold their value, after all it's a Corvette...and one of the best, if not the best body designs ever :!: :D
Gino

Post subject: Re: True
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Glastc3 wrote:
Stefan,

That may be true, but we've all spent a pretty penny restoring these babies to near perfection. They should hold their value, after all it's a Corvette...and one of the best, if not the best body designs ever :!: :D
Gino

Your preaching to the choir, my friend. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:12 pm 

I just put my seats back together ............cleaned out the little plastic stop that holds the seat upright ...........works fine now tap it if it gets stuck again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 pm 

Believe it or not, I still didn't attempt any of the fixes described. Did any of you try WD-40? I just don't want to break off the hinge covers by accident...Theses cars are like egg shells as their up in years. :? :?