It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rear hatch Hinges
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:18 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

To all who are looking for hatch hinges here is a link that might help you.....Steve asked me to spread the word

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Cor ... otohosting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:08 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'm posting here at the request of one of your members. Here is the story:

Someone alerted me to this ebay listing for hinges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... T.m240.lVI

Imagine how it would feel if you bought this set of crap not knowing any better, and then later found you had been completey ripped off? I have no more hinges to sell, but there is no point in someone wasting money on this junk from a 'working hatch'.

I have sold my hinges to people who had previously spent $200 to $500 on this kind of stuff, not knowing that ALL hinges will stretch. A set was also listed for $500 recently, but now this time it is listed by an outfit that I helped find a replacement hatch from one of my customers. I sincerely regret that action now.

In response, I have listed my hinges on Ebay next to the screw job ad by AZ restorations and I have told KIM (the owner I think) that I resent their selling this uselss crap that they KNOW is useless, after I in good faith hooked them up with a legitimate source for a replcement glass for a car they were working on. Their response is that they are not CE hinge experts and they didn't know know that the hinges are junk . . yet the lising remains.

I have listed my hinges using the exact heading as their ad hoping to catch the eye on anyone who finds their ad: I will run it as long as they keep theirs up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :LCA:MT:11

I was actually hoping nobody would buy from my listing, as I really did not plan on making any more hinges, but bidding has already started, so if the reserve gets met, I will have to make hinges.

The trouble with ebay is that I have no control over who buys them. I have repeatedly refused to sell to resellers and resto shops for exactly this reason, to prevent them from selling off the old junk to some unsuspecting CE owner. I briefly considered one start-up outfit until I found they intended to take the old hinges in trade and then sell them off . . WTF!?? I'm not going to be a part of that!

Here is the e-mail address ot the lister if anyone feels so inclined to offer them an opinion of how they are treating the CE community. Remeber I have told them that the hinges they are selling are useless, but they keep the listing up anyway.

corvetterestorationaz@yahoo.com

Sorry for the rant, but it just gives me a red ass thinking about some poor guy spending thier money and then anxiously awaiting their 'new' hinges thinking they will finally have a working hatch. I know several of you that know exactly how that feels. We all love these cars and it's infuriating when someone takes advantage of that.

- steve

BTW. I do not folow this forum, so do not PM me here expecting I will see any messages.

Here are the latest hinges instructions. I have incorporated lots of useful tips based on feedback from my hinge guys. Usefull stuff, even if you don't have new hinges.

http://www.thecubestudio.com/CollectorE ... ctions.htm