It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:19 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just talking with a colleague and he pointed out that Monogram made a 1:8 scale kit for the 82 CE's..
All i have found so far was an old New Zealand sale...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Mo ... 526927.htm

If anyone has one of those flying around.. :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:10 pm 

I have one of those. I just haven't finished it yet. Trying to make the model the same as ours inside and out. :D I find some pop up once in a while in ebay but the catch is some purchase for over $100usd... :shock: :shock:

I'm trying to purchase another just for collecting.

Good Luck! :wink:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:20 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

If you find one, thats not built yet, or half built, and you dont want it, Please let me know.

My colleague is really good at building those and offered to custom build it to look like my car.. 8)

And dont hold back: Pictures !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:04 pm 

82ColEd wrote:
If you find one, thats not built yet, or half built, and you dont want it, Please let me know.

My colleague is really good at building those and offered to custom build it to look like my car.. 8)

And dont hold back: Pictures !!

:lol: :lol: I'll take pictures. :D

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:03 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Btw, i am bidding on one on ebay as 82coled.. Let's not outbid each other, eh? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:15 pm 

82ColEd wrote:
Btw, i am bidding on one on ebay as 82coled.. Let's not outbid each other, eh? :wink:

No problem. :wink:

Iron82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:31 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hey Guys;

I'm not a Model builder, but would love to have a High Quality Die Cast 82 CE for my bookcase. A few players have it in their "books" but it is always "out of stock'. I had one "on order" through Corvette America for over a year, then just cancelled it, out of frustration. If you know of any around, let me know.

Gerry

PS: There is a real cool version @ Diecastmuscle.com Item 71201, but same deal "Don't have it" "Don't Know if they ever will"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:42 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Gerry, it all depends what you are looking for. I had bought a Zora signature version 1:32 82CE at the NCM, when we visited; a friend brought me back a 1:18 82CE version from the UK; and i have about 75 others, different models (non 82CE), builds, styles, in all different sizes..

Believe it or not, once in a while, when i was still living in the States, i would browse the local Supermarket shelfes, Giant, Walmart, KMart etc, for toy cars.. Yes, a silver C6 was had that way, 1:18.. Before they came out anywhere else.. :)

Keep your eyes out, browse the toy store shelfes and anywhere else they sell toy cars, they are out there.. :wink:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q= ... 1&ie=UTF-8

If you are getting specific in the sizes, it get's trickier, but not impossible.

Post subject: Die-cast
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:19 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

i have tried to collect one all of the 82 CE paraphnailia. All the plastice Models, the GM promo, Johnny Lightning CE, Franklin Mint CE, Zora Diecast, and the 1/43 Part Time Hobbies 82 CE, both of the Ertle 1/18th diecast, the 82 CE plate (adams), numerous posters, magazines and advertisements. I got a bunch of stuff. I would like to have an 82 CE Belt buckle and copper colored plate.

One day, I'll take photos of all of this stuff an post them on registry. Does anyone know of any other items?

Post subject: Re: Die-cast
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:53 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

JohnnyB wrote:
i have tried to collect one all of the 82 CE paraphnailia. All the plastice Models, the GM promo, Johnny Lightning CE, Franklin Mint CE, Zora Diecast, and the 1/43 Part Time Hobbies 82 CE, both of the Ertle 1/18th diecast, the 82 CE plate (adams), numerous posters, magazines and advertisements. I got a bunch of stuff. I would like to have an 82 CE Belt buckle and copper colored plate.

One day, I'll take photos of all of this stuff an post them on registry. Does anyone know of any other items?

WOW !

I think that about covers the lot.. And yes, pictures are in order..

I have a t shirt 'The Collectible', thats missing from your list, but aside from that, dang nabbit..

Btw, i did win the ebay 1:8 and it's on it's way to my mother in law, just awaiting word it got there, to be forwarded to Germany (The seller doesnt ship International).. And then, pictures, pictures of my car for my team leader to get busy building a 1:8 replica (without the crud and muck). :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:24 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just stopped in to rant in another thread and spotted this one.

I bought my wife a die cast of her CE. As far as I know, they still make them. I can try to dig up the source if anybody need it.

Even more cool than that I got her a CE mathbox sized die cast on a key chain. I don't know if that was pure luck or they still make those too.

It's friggin cute! I think the tiny doors even open.

Don't PM me here. I do not follow this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 am 

Just built mine! The quality of the parts is fairly good but you need to refer to your car for parts painting - especially the interior. It has a stick shift which is wrong! Also could use some more decals - a lot of stripes are not included also decals for the wheel center cups and the hood and rear emblems. These are really hard to paint due to size. T tops are not clear plastic, so l painted them black. Overall it is a nice model which is hard to find but it's 1/8 size compensates all the drawbacks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Christos wrote:
Just built mine! The quality of the parts is fairly good but you need to refer to your car for parts painting - especially the interior. It has a stick shift which is wrong! Also could use some more decals - a lot of stripes are not included also decals for the wheel center cups and the hood and rear emblems. These are really hard to paint due to size. T tops are not clear plastic, so l painted them black. Overall it is a nice model which is hard to find but it's 1/8 size compensates all the drawbacks!

Wow..

Mine is out to the model man.. Ie. my Boss.. He confirmed all parts are there (It was a complete kit!) and will build it the way my car looks, ie. without the hood strip and some other details my care doesnt have.
Stick Shift eh? I'll tell him. I'm supposed to take pics for him anyways, but i gave him the link to the 450mls car as a reference and he used to own a 82CE a long time ago.
I asked him re the T Tops and asked if he can make them see through with mirror reflection (We shall see what he'll do), but he said it'll take him a long time to build..

So, where are the pics?? Suspense here.. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:52 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Time to bring this one back up.. Yes, it was a cold winter in Germany and my Boss had some time to get started. We are knee deep in color choices :lol: But we found that the kit made by Monogram is a take-off of the 78 they made and thus has a few things 'wrong' with it (ie. stick, dual pipes for exhaust instead of single and other doo-dads).. But, my Boss is documenting it, thus we have pics.. :mrgreen:

One as a teaser, the rest are at my photobucket folder HERE:

Let me know what you think, we are still 'early' in the build process so we can still tweak (like we did with the engine color). :D

Post subject: Nice work Stefan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

:lol: I have been "off the forums" for some time. But have been checking in more the last week or so.
I saw your recent post and had to comment! It was the intake manifold with the two TB's that got me :)

How cool is that! For a model maker to take the time to replicate that... like I said very cool!

Glad to know you are still around the 82 CE Community. How are thing on your side of the pond?