It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All,

Mike Yager, the owner of Mid America, contacted us to let us know that Mid America Motorworks http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-4.html will be offering the complete 82CE interior as part of their product line. This includes covers mounted on foam, door panels and complete carpet sets at a special introductory price for our membership.

Mike anticipates having these items in stock early to mid May, so if you are currently in the market for any of these items, I recommend that you wait until May to make your purchase. This may also be the time to restore your interior, and put that driver interior on eBay!

Best Regards,

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:42 pm 

Thanks Mike on the offering. :P

I'll need to see what the price will be before I commit.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject: New Interior
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:33 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

SURE :!: Is't that alsways the way :(

Now it's going on sale, right after I redid mine Last Year :!:

Oh Well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure is.... I bought mine a few years back from Al Knoch... the leathers are excellent, however the new foams are hard as a rock. I spoke to Al about it at Carlisle 2 years ago... on foams that I bought 4 years prior, that never got any softer.... I wasn't thrilled with the conversation, but he did offer to trade my mint seats for another set. All the foams he had were rock hard. I absolutely hate the foams as they make me sit a few inches higher that the stock foams and are not comfortable to me. I found another set of covers at Carlisle for $50 and they are in great condition..... Will attempt to reuse the stock covers with the new covers to get the CE back to its old self... Maybe use Al's covers for show... they are otherwise a perfect match.

Looking forward to Mike's new interior products... Everything I've ever purchased from MidAmerica has been top notch.... and I expect the same standard of quality from the new CE interior and best of all, Mike is providing us with an introductory price that makes the deal too SWEET to pass up if you are looking to freshen up that interior!

Best Regards,

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:45 am 

I sold them a pretty nice original seat cover mounted on foam from the 19,500 mile CE I used to own. They wanted a good original to look at to make sure their reproductions are just like original in color, stitching, etc. They seemed genuinely concerned about getting their product right and were really nice to deal with.

I hope they make good reproduction carpet and rear compartment door assemblies, as I found those products I purchased from other vendors were not very original.

Post subject: Interior
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:28 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

:D It just so happens I'm looking to replace the interior on my car. I want to get new mounted seats, a complete carpet set, and door panels along with new rear compartment door frames. I've been checking all of the usaual catalogs along with my local corvette parts supplier and everybody has been around the same price for all of the pieces I need. :? I do have a question to pose. I want to paint the speaker grills that are on the dash since most of the original paint has worn away. Does anyone know the color code so that I can repaint these pieces? It looks like a shade of brown to me. Also how about the rocker panels, are they a true flat black or a specific color?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:07 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am also very interested if anyone has found a good spray dye match for the dash speaker grilles. Someone on this site mentioned that the top of the dash is flat black, however it is a dark brown. The same for the rear package shelf and trim around the window.
I tried several dark brown colors for the speaker grilles and none were dark enough. I finally used flat black on mine and they look better than any of the browns did, however there is a noticeable difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:40 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Has anyone seen the price of the Mid America interior set yet?

I went to the website and didn't see it listed yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I have been in contact with Mid America and received the first carpet swatch... the color was a bit off, but I'm sure it won't be too long!

Mark

Post subject: Interior
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

It looks like I'm going to wait until the Corvettes of Carlisle show to get my interior package. Since all of the big players will be there I can shop around for a good show price.

Post subject: Re: Interior
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 pm 

fester wrote:
It looks like I'm going to wait until the Corvettes of Carlisle show to get my interior package. Since all of the big players will be there I can shop around for a good show price.

Maybe Mid America will have the packages before Carlisle. Then the people that order these can pick up at Carlisle. :)

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

We need an interior package pronto, Mike, do you have a contact I could talk to at Mid America?

Does anyone have experience with the package that Zip's sells? or others?

Thanks, Tammy