It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi to all.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:38 am 

Hi there all from sunny Cyprus (that's a Greek island in Europe next to Israel / Turkey / Egypt / Greece). Since 5/2007 l own a CE, my pride and joy - and a real headturner. It was a dream come true for me since the mid 80's when l lived and studied in the US. Importation laws for antique autos changed recently and thus l was able to import and register it. The car is in a very good shape with 49.000 miles on it. I recently (and l thank the registry for the info) changed my TB's - l had serious vaccum leaks. Jim from Crossfireinjection.net was very helpful - he send me rebushed TB's that work perfectly. I strongly reccomend him. I will soon have the car painted - there is some spider webbing and a crack on the front left fender under the bonnet extending an inch on the fender. I will need a decal set and most probably l will have one produced locally or have it painted for a more permanent solution. The prices for them in the US are ridiculous ranging from $1200 - 1500.. !! I will have my graphic designer design them and then produce them at a local shop at a fraction of the cost. Yesterday l received a NOS CE steering wheel which l purchased on Ebay and l can't wait to install it. (it seems that all Vettes have a problem with the quality of the steering wheel..) Best regards everyone. Christos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:13 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hey Christos!!

Welcome to the 82 CE Registry from up north..

Please make sure to add your car to the Registry ( http://207.234.250.171/82ce///82ceupdate.php ) if you havent already..

My stripes are painted on (the sides only) and the decal was never done on the hood/bonnet, but for black pin striping only. I've taken some flack for it, but it's certainly my car to do as i please.. :wink:

If you get a chance, post some pics, for others they all look alike, but not to us..

Welcome again and enjoy the site. It might take a day or so for others to hop onto the board but all are very nice and always ready to help out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:40 pm 

Welcome to the site ...........if your not going to show your CE .....then get a reproduction fader stripe kit :D

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:25 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Always great to see a new member. I can't Imagine what it must be like to have a CE over seas. They are rare enough over here, on the otherside of the pond they must really turn more than a few heads. My car currently has the decals but when the time comes, I'm going painted and cleared over. It's definetly not the "Stock Restoration" thing to do, but it is much nicer looking (and ages better) In my opinion.

Again Welcome and enjoy!

Gerry 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:36 am 

Thanks a lot for the greetings and the warm welcome. As far as l know, there are only 3 Corvettes in Cyprus. A black 1980, mine and a 2005. People ask me what make it is and when l mention that it's a Chevy they hardly beleive it. Cherolets in Cyprus are very popular and are usually doublecab trucks!!! I am glad to say that last Sunday l drove another American idol - a white 1959 Cadillac Eldorado convertible which was imported lately from the UK by an enthusiast friend of mine! :P Just looking at those huuuuuge fins and the tons of chrome :)!!!! He bought it on EbayUK for the ridiculous amount of around $50.000 (the owner did not set a reserve price!!!) As far as l know they sell for $150.000+. Lucky him... I will try to post some recent pictures and an article featuring my CE in the local edition of UK's TOP GEAR magazine (just when l figure out how to post pictures...) Regards to all from sunny Cyprus and thanks again for the warm welcome.[/img][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Christos! It's great to hear that we have 82 CEs in Cyprus! If you need assistance photosing photos, please email me and I can assist.

Best Regards,

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's the article on Christos and his CE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 pm 

Welcome Christos. Wish you the best with your CE. 8)

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:04 am 

Thanks a lot! Thank you Mark for prosting the article. :D C