All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anybody Out There?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:48 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hey Gang:

Just wanted to see some activity on the sight :!:

I log on all the time, check posts since last visit and I usually get Nothin :(

Just hopping we won't let the site die on the vine.

It's snowing like mad here in CT today. The Car is wrapped up warm in her flannel and I'm surfing and dreaming of warmer days ahead :D

Can't wait to get a few craped knuckels detailing like a mad man on a mission. Just to get that $5.00 trophy. (And the even more valuable SMILES from Car People)

Makes me warmer just thinking about it... What is that. . . Beach Boys Cruz music I hear? :lol:

Okay so maybe I'm losing it, but at least I know I'm losing it.

Save the wave, Save the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I agree, I've notice no one hardly sends anything in. I too am hoping for better weather in the midwest. Hopefully after this last storm that went through we'll get better weather. I try to take the CE out whenever we get a little sunshine and some warmth. I've also got some work to do on it and figured when I get ready I'd asking the folks on this site for knowledge. Let's hope for warm weather to get out and drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It may be slow, but it is still here and will continue to be. I'm always optimistic that I'll get more content on the site, but my free time seems to be getting less and less. When I do get free time, it seems that I'm spending my time working on the vettes to keep them going versus doing some mods that I'd like to be doing.

I have 2 91s that I usually drive... the 82 CE is in storage, and I haven't touched my 65 coupe project since I bought it last year.... still in the trailer from when we moved to Alabama. I had a catastropic brake failure in my ZR-1 when the caliper bracket bolt came out while on the highway, causing the bracket to buckle when I braked. The bracket became stuck between the rim and rotor, causing the wheel to lock at about 50mph. It tore the SS brake line and I lost all brakes. Shortly thereafter, the front spoiler was crushed from the tow line of the tow truck. I just ordered all the parts to replace this, and have lots of repair work on the spoiler. The L-98 sprung an oil leak and has a wheel bearing issue... just awaiting parts to arrive.

Again, love to work on them when I want to, but not when I have to... and balancing this against being a full-time student for the next few months... which also takes an incredible amount of time... But that's just my situation, and reason for not spending more time here... where I love to be!

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:24 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just normal winter time here on the 82 CE board.. :) :wink:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Mark. Hopefully you'll get it sorted..

My own story (so far :lol: ):
After the inspection last year found some leaks under the drive train and didnt want to give it the go ahead.. So nearest GM Service, a lot of money later (found a few things, mostly gaskets in and around the drive train, oil cooler, engine covers) and got inspection. (Thats all before i got the plate!)

Then after not moving it for a month, due to weather and time contrains, found a fairly big red oil spot under the car in the garage after putting it back in.. :evil:

So, me thinks, warranty, back to the same place (GM/Opel dealership): Nope, a gasket in the trans had failed and it puked half the tranny fluid out. More money at it.. :evil: :evil:

Now she is leak free (99%, once in a while i get a drop of regular motor oil on the ground) and have driven her once in a while.

Still waiting for a parking spot at work so i can make her the DD again (and get the heater/ac working).

She runs a bit high, but i dont have time to tweak her right now (She's at 850 at temp and shakes a bit when idling, dunno, i'll get to it soon, me hopes).

Wishing you all warm weather, and no salt on the roads..

Post subject: we here too
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:40 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just enjoying this nice Florida weather, Get to take her out for a spin every so often. I have been busy with some changes on my car :lol:

Installed new throttle bodys with ball bearings shafts. All powder coated chrome.

Post subject: Powder Coated Intake
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:33 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

WARRIOR2291 wrote:
Just enjoying this nice Florida weather, Get to take her out for a spin every so often. I have been busy with some changes on my car :lol:

Installed new throttle bodys with ball bearings shafts. All powder coated chrome.

:shock: Very Nice. Did you build them yourself?
I also noticed the Presure Gauge, I've got one myself.

Be carful what you clean it with. I powder coated some items and The Quick Spray Finishing type cleaners left dull blotches on the gloss clear.
I powder coated the rim on my spare (Dark Brown) to match other misc. parts, but the soap mixture to tire place used to mount the ruber took off blotches of the gloss finish too. Ticked me off but short of un-mounting, refinishing and re-mounting, I had to learn to live with it.
At some point I have to stop trowing money at it.
It's on the "Maybe someday" list.

Your CT CE Buddy
Gerry 8)

Post subject: chromies TB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:54 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hi gerry,

No I polished them with regular polish, I don't use anything abrasive. Simpson did them for me, He powdered coated the lid and the TB's. It was a new design installing the shaft ball bearings.

Very smooth accelaration, plus I no longer have any stumble in the idle. From stop to stop the idle is perfect every time.

Now for the best part was all I had to do was lift the lid and replace it with the new one . TB's were already balanced. Steve developed a new way to balance the TB's on a bench. They are perfect in every way..........

Post subject: Awsome TB's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:24 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

FYI: The finish on my Powder Coating was tarnished by the chemicals in the cleaners. For example the Soap Water Solution used while mounting the Tire to the rim. So Be carfull. It doesn't even take abrasives! :cry:

Ya, I'm with ya on the benefits of the ball bearings. Very nice set up. It sounds like it operates much smoother that the original set up.
8)
But since I just got mine back together & balanced (the old fashion way) spring of 07, I don't plan on touching it for a while.

Just going to enjoy for this season :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:50 pm 

I know I’m not the only one that checks this site without posting. :D But rest assured that I come by quite often and check up on the guys. It’s always neat to see what is going on and what new members we have on board. Read the trials of those moving and repairing and just out cruising. Alive and well in Texas.

Save the wave! :arrow: