It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stripe Kit Manufacturers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:53 pm 

I'm having my CE completely repainted so I'll need to buy a complete stripe kit. I was aware of only the Phoenix Graphix kit. I thought they were the only manufacturer and were the supplier for Ecklers, etc.

However, someone just listed a couple kits on ebay, a complete kit and a gradient only kit. The seller claims he's Dxine, Inc. and is the only manufacturer of the kits. I asked him about it, and he told me he makes them for Phoenix Graphix. When I called PG, they told me they manufacture their own. That's what it looks like from their website too.

So does anyone know the real story here? Who makes these? Who makes the best quality ones? Where's the best place to get them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:57 am 

Phoenix Graphix has been the only one making the stripe kits for about 5 years now. I would be wary of the guy on ebleh.....

Post subject: warrior2291
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:30 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Desertdawg wrote:
Phoenix Graphix has been the only one making the stripe kits for about 5 years now. I would be wary of the guy on ebleh.....

I got mine from Phoenx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:42 am 

Desertdawg wrote:

That's what I thought. But here's the one on ebay. He claims he's the only manufacturer and has sold hundreds of these kits over the last few years. So is this somehow the same thing that Phoenix Graphix is selling, something this guy just started making on his expensive new printer, or a scam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-Colle ... 9129QQrdZ1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I've only ever heard of Phonex Graphics (http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/1982cvt.htm)..
Their Return policy is:
Satisfaction is always guaranteed by our "no questions asked" 30-day money back guarantee return policy.

Not sayin the ebay seller is not for real, but i am just weary of those types that say they are th eonly ones, when we know they are not. Besides, seeing the Return policy on the ebayer, i dont know. Even for $300 less..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:32 pm 

Some imperfections in GM’s original decal set were corrected and superior materials are used to make our decal set the best and only to date!

and in some cases there are defects that are acceptable because they match similar defects that GM's original set contained.

So buyer beware!!!