It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Original Radios
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:05 am 
Hey everyone what were the different types of radios put in the collectors edition vettes. I just bought one off ebay and it is supposively for our vettes. It has the 8 track and cb. If someone could post pics of the radios that would be cool. The only thing not stock in my car is the radio and I dont want to have another radio put in only to find out its not the correct one. The mic on the cb says gm. Also how difficult is it to have some one put in the the other radio. Thanks all. April The Vettelady. :D

Post subject: radio
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:38 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Would you mind telling me what you got the radio for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:37 am 
I got the radio, cb for around 114.00. I have seen them on ebay for as high as 181.00. This one seems to be in great shape and was serviced prior to sales. They even put in a new belt. I would like to see pics of someones 82 with the cb as I need to know where and how it is placed. It seems a harder find to locate a radio with the 8 track option. :D I think mine used to have the radio with the 8 track as in the glove box the holder was made for 8 track tapes. I dont think our cars cames with the radio, cb and 8 track together but Im not sure. April The VETTELADY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:43 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Mine came with the cassette radio and the glove box had that type of rack thing in it.I took it out.I'd like to find a radio like the one you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hi Vettelady.

There is an illustration of the faces of all of the available radios on page 9-12 of the factory shop manual.

Install should be like any other radio.

Note that you will also need a different antenna. There is a warning not to transmit without the antenna connected or you may damage the CB.

Post subject: radios
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:37 pm 
Thanks guys for all the info. Is this the correct radio for our cars and where would I locate a cb antenna. Thanks again. April The Vettelady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

It's more than likely the correct radio for a CE with that factory option because it was avaliable.Now weather YOUR CE came with that option only you would know if you find the tank sticker or other documentation.If it did you might still have the correct antenna.I don't know how you could tell tho'. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:46 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

April,
if you dont mind me asking, could you copy the link to a 82 radio on ebay here ? I've been looking around for good one (cassette, no cb) after my fiasco with Ecklers. (In short: I got a 81 generic GM Delco after a repair/replace without approval back). Maybe i can get a good one like you w/stereo cassette and finally get this non-fit out of my car.. Thanks!!

Copter: I also have the rack "thing" in my glove box, but it wasnt made for a 8track, but for the stereo cassette from BG, so that must have been "standard". I always found it odd too..

:wave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:10 pm 

I still have my original CB/cassette player. Have photos of it if your interested in seeing. Send me your email address and I'll be honored to send you the photos of it.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:09 pm 
I will keep an eye out for a radio thats correct for our car. I will send you a pm with the ebay number if I see one. April The Vettelady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:26 pm 

My catalog says that we could have choosen up to 5 optional radios.

1. Deleted
2. Am/FM Stereo
3. AM/FM Stereo with 8-track tape
4. AM/FM Stereo Cassette
5. AM/FM Stereo with CB and Cassette

It doesn't menstion anything about a AM/FM Stereo with 8-track tape and CB. But if you do find one. You better keep that. The ONLY year they made(792) those are for 1981's.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject: Re: radios
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:08 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thevettelady wrote:
I will keep an eye out for a radio thats correct for our car. I will send you a pm with the ebay number if I see one. April The Vettelady

Very much appreciated April.. 8) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:44 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

82ColEd.I've still got my original radio for my car.AM/FM stereo Cassette.It still works and I might sell it but don't know what it's worth.Make me an offer if interested.

Post subject: Radios
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:09 am 
I wonder If I have the 8 track, cb radio installed in my vette would the judges at car shows not classify it as stock since it was not an option for our car in 82. I was lucky to find this one and know it is rare. Would you guys put it in your ce or only the 5 choices we had for our cars. I did notice the vette black book does say it was for the 81 vette as mentioned and that they only made 700 plus of them. What would you guys do. Thank April The Vettelady. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:25 am 
copter wrote:
82ColEd.I've still got my original radio for my car.AM/FM stereo Cassette.It still works and I might sell it but don't know what it's worth.Make me an offer if interested.
Hi I would be interested in buying your radio. I dont know what they are worth. I may need this for my vette If they wont accept the radio I have as stock. I tried to pm you copter but the site is considering me as a guest. not sure why. pm me as I would like to buy your radio. Thanks again April The Vettelady.