It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:52 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have the original AM/FM Cassette CB radio option in my CE and wanted to know where the microphone was supposed to go? When I bought the car (used) it was mounted to the center shift console with velcro and the coiled cord went under the carpeted trim on the passenger side to the back of the radio.
Wouldn't believe that velcro would have been the OEM option to mount the mic, however I have never seen one mounted any differently.
Anyone out there have any ideas on how this came from the factory?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:00 pm 

Bronxkie wrote:
I have the original AM/FM Cassette CB radio option in my CE and wanted to know where the microphone was supposed to go? When I bought the car (used) it was mounted to the center shift console with velcro and the coiled cord went under the carpeted trim on the passenger side to the back of the radio.
Wouldn't believe that velcro would have been the OEM option to mount the mic, however I have never seen one mounted any differently.
Anyone out there have any ideas on how this came from the factory?

Well, Congrates and I also have the rare original AM/FM Cassette/CB option.

You are correct on the velcro and position on the right side center console just under the lid for the ash tray/cigrette lighter and coil under the carpet. Also the AM/FM radio 8 Track/CB did the same. :)

I have seen people place the Microphone on the passenger side dash on a hook. :?

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject: CB Mic Location
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:40 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thank you for the confirmation. I am currently replacing my center console and am opting to disconnect the microphone for now. I definately do not want to put velcro on my new console and will play with different options to put the mic back at a later date in a new location.
Glad to see you also had this option, wondering if you still had the original power antenna that worked with the CB. Mine had been replaced by a previous owner and the CB will no longer pick up any channels. Guess the new antenna was not CB compatable. Haven't seen a replacement power AM/FM/CB antenna available as of yet however not a big concern at the moment.

Post subject: Re: CB Mic Location
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:36 pm 

Bronxkie wrote:
Thank you for the confirmation. I am currently replacing my center console and am opting to disconnect the microphone for now. I definately do not want to put velcro on my new console and will play with different options to put the mic back at a later date in a new location.
Glad to see you also had this option, wondering if you still had the original power antenna that worked with the CB. Mine had been replaced by a previous owner and the CB will no longer pick up any channels. Guess the new antenna was not CB compatable. Haven't seen a replacement power AM/FM/CB antenna available as of yet however not a big concern at the moment.

Whenever I work on my center console, I use a shoe lace and wrap it around the rear view mirror and hang the mic on this.

Yes I have the original (broke) antenna. I replaced mine with one from Dr. Rebuild. Fits and works great. All channels are working. My problem is that the CB doesn't have a good range to pick up other people in the far distance. Having help with my father, I got a range up to 2 miles on the hills and around 7 miles in the clear. It's ok but wish it could be better. :roll:

Try Dr. Rebuild 203-366-1332 for help on the CB antenna.

:)

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82