It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm 

britvette wrote:
Not been on here for a while , thought I would update on this one , crashed and burned on the whole BMV thing , I did get hold of a guy at the Indiana BMV to see if they could give me a list of all of the CE's registered in this state ( I figured if I get anywhere here then we could work through all of the states) The guy said that he would put it to the IT people to see if they can get a list but he never came back to me. I gues it is just too much trouble to do the search.
So it seems we just have to rely on recording all those we come across on ebay etc .

I know the feeling if those people don't want to do the search. As before when I was looking for my CE. It took me 3 weeks to find mine. So many out in the world.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:14 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

britvette wrote:
Not been on here for a while , thought I would update on this one , crashed and burned on the whole BMV thing , I did get hold of a guy at the Indiana BMV to see if they could give me a list of all of the CE's registered in this state ( I figured if I get anywhere here then we could work through all of the states) The guy said that he would put it to the IT people to see if they can get a list but he never came back to me. I gues it is just too much trouble to do the search.
So it seems we just have to rely on recording all those we come across on ebay etc .

Thanks for trying!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:14 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hmmm...I would be interested to know how many Silver-Green 82's are left. I have one & they only made 723 of them in 82 & never used that colour in any other year.
That makes them far rarer then the CE's. I would bet that quite a few were repainted to a more "traditional" Vette colour too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am 

What we need is a freindly traffic cop , I am pretty sure that they would have access to a search of all of the states registered vehicles. We could narrow down the vin numbers and the 6th digit being a 0 would identify the CE's . Anyone know of one who may be willing to help? I would bet that insurance companies would have that kind of search capabilities - anyone know an insurance agent??

It just seems wierd to me that this info is so difficult to come by , in the
UK you could just contact the registration office and they would send you a list. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't that make car thefts even easier. You would have a shopping list of cars, locations etc.... :shock:

Then again, I guess any determined thief would probably have the means to get that info anyway... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:53 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I would think there are too many "Personal Info" questions for anyone to let go of that kind of info.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:57 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Speaking of:

While finding more CE's on ebay, i came across this lovely "gem".. Err..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :B:SS:MT:1
VIN# 1G1AY0782C5100741

Looks like a legit CE VIN (afaik), but the pics throw me..

In the last one, you can almost make out tan seats and it has a bigger decal on the nose. Anyone know this car ?

(And no, it's not the color that throws me off, i have seen a black, legit CE before.. :wink: :lol: )