It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:32 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

My beloved 82CE has been very lovingly cared for the past 5 years, and now, it's time to move on. I want to buy a new Saturn Sky Redline.

The interior and exterior is in excellent shape and has 44K on the odometer. Over the course of 5 years, I probably invested another 5K to fix or upgrade things due to age. (ie., new hatch pistons that have pooped out after 24 years, replaced the fuel pump, shocks, speakers, subwoofer, new stereo system, that kind of thing)

It doesn't have the original radio, however, I installed a new CD player that has a cover on it that is painted to match the bezel, and looks very clean and classy. When the radio is turned off, the face of the CD player flips around, and the cover (that has been painted to match the bezel) is facing the outside. (Hope I'm making sense) I have tons of memorabila that I got off Ebay to go with the car. (i.e., press kit, original marketing posters from the dealership, 1:18 AutoArt scale model, sales brochure, etc). I also have the shop manual as well.

The numbers do match. I've entered in two Corvette shows here in Detroit and came in first place both times, just to see how well it would do.

Overall, I would rate my CE an 8.5 out of 10.

If you were me, what would be a fair asking price for this car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:44 pm 

I saw one with 46K miles advertised for $14,900 in a newspaper recently. Of course, I have no idea what condition it was in. There's one on vettehound with 47K, sounds very nice, asking $16,900. There's a nice looking one with 82K on the Corvetteforum right now that has just been reduced to $11,500 because the seller wasn't getting any action at $13,000.

Keep in mind that with winter and the holidays approaching, this is not a good time of year to sell. If you're set on selling it quickly now, I'd ask $13,000 to $15,000 and see what happens. If you can hang onto it until spring and can take some time waiting for the right buyer, I'd ask $16,000 to $18,000.

For what it's worth, I've been watching them on ebay recently and have concluded ebay is a waste of time for selling these cars unless you want to give one away. They almost never meet reserve. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:07 pm 

I was going to say that if all you have changed is the radio/speakers to none stock. It should be worth around 20....

Just as a comparison, mine sold for $14.900 and it has 119,000 miles, newer paint with painted fades, no emissions, C5 seats, and crappy speakers....

If your not in a hurry, price it around 20 and wait for someone that knows what they are looking at....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

What the others said is exactly where my thoughts are..

Sorry you have to sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:28 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'm not looking to sell mine.Just for an idea it has 34,000 with all paperwork including window sticker.The only mods are SS dual exhaust,shift kit and radio.I'd say mine is about a 8 1/2-9 and Id ask $20.000