It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Interior Questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:27 pm 

Can anyone tell me what the colour code is for the brown interior parts on the CE ( see pic)

Also anyone got a code for the silver? (see pic)

Anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber pad for the end of the glass top latch (see below)

Finally Anyone got any advise on how to repair this?

It's the top edge of the drivers seat on the door side , It hits the steering wheel when the seat is folded forward and I am guessing it has been broken by someone leaning on it when its was folded (there are some corresponding indents on the steering wheel to match!!) I am wondering if body filler or something like it would work but not sure if it would hold to the edge? I think that the backs of both seats are identicle , so I could swap them - then that weak spot would not be put under stress again?

Thanks to anyone who can offer any help/advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:01 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Color Codes: Silver/Beige Dupont B8292K. Brown B8262K Interior Color. The part for the T Top is a called T Top Adjustment bolt and comes with the rubber tip on it. Try Riks Vet.com and use this part # THW104in the t top section of the online catalog. As for the seat backs I would buy replacements from Riks and paint them the B8292K color to match. I dont think that you can repair those broken sections and make it look right. Bookmark Riks they are a good source for parts and great people to deal with. Hope this helps Stephen :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:50 pm 

Stephen - thanks for the reply , will check out riks and order the parts.
Thanks again
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:09 pm 

Thought I would post an update on the T top adjustment bolt - looked on the Ricks web site - they wanted $5 for a replacement which wasn't that bad but then when I saw they wanted to charge me $10 to send something that they could send in an ordinary envelope for 50c my sense of principle kicked in.
I had the bolt part and was just missing the rubber end so I started looking around for some rubber feet to use as substitutes , I found some clear ones that would fit in walmart but no black ones and the clear had rounded edges and as I would have to stack them to get the thikness I decided they would not look right.
Anyway I was in the local body repair store and noticed a rubber squeegee that is used for wet/dry sanding and filler spreading - for $2 I thought it worth a play.Pics of the results are below:-
This is the passenger side and is Gm original
This is the drivers side with my fix
The squeegee I used

I defy anyone to see the difference unless they get a magnifying glass out.

I know its only $15 but its just the principle. Its not like they don't get enough out of us because its a corvette and an old one - they have to screw us on the mailing too .
Anyway I blame my wife for my tightness with the dollars , she is a farmers daughter , its bred in her ( tight as a ducks butt and thats water tight!! ) I think it is rubbing off on me .
Ok had my rant - feel better now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:34 pm 

What I always do is try to find all the parts I need all at the same vendor, then place one order, it's 10 bucks shipping weather it's one part or 20.

I understand that sometimes it's not feasible, and that's when I resort to homemade parts just like you did to get me by until I was able to place the big order....

From one backyard mechanic to another...Nice work..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:46 pm 

I think you did a bangup job on the bumper! :D

And I agree, even though a lot of places like to throw on a "standard" shipping :shock: ; when the item is tiny that's a little over the top. As a comparison JEGS ships for free, go figure! :wink:

Nice looking ride from the pics too..... 8)

:arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:50 am 

Thanks for the encouragement - next job is to try to tackle the chipped seat back - I figure I can try to repair it an see what happens - if it doesn't work out , I can still go buy a new one - whats to loose ? Will post the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:04 am 

I think that your best bet in the long run is going to be to fiberglass. It will have the most strength and you will be able to sand it to the correct contour...

BTW, I have 2 spray cans of the correct interior paint that I don't need anymore, I never even took the tops off of them... Let me know if your interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am 

Desertdawg - check your PM's
thanks

Post subject: seat backs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:49 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Replacing the seat backs are something I want to do this year but have to be careful not to over spend on things that I notice but few others do. At least for right now. I want to get it in as close to original condition as possible but have some of my own sense of style as well.

Do they sell the seat backs painted. Or is it best to remove all the interior pieces and have them painted together for a cleaner look? Has anyone done this?

Jeff