It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:59 pm 

I am glad you now have resolution on your engine. I agree that 38k is awful low mileage to have broken rings. The only time I ever broke a ring I was racing and overheated, the thermal shock at shutdown was too much and the rings crystallized, I can’t see anything like that happening to an extra low mileage “Collector”!! Still a puzzle. And I agree wholeheartedly with the other posts, the previous owner DID NOT drive the car without knowing of this problem. :evil:

Sorry you are getting such high quotes for mechanic work too, must be East Coast prices. $1500 would rebuild a 350 to sparkling new condition here in Texas including remove and install.

Even though I don’t intend to make my car all “original” I have kept all the parts that I have removed (including the ram air door in the hood) just to keep the value at par. You never know what the next guy may be looking for if you happen to want to sell. So the original engine block is essential. The other guys are giving you very good advice, after all that’s why we come here! :) 8)

Good luck with your new crate engine, hope it does all you want it to. :arrow: