Veteran Forum Member

March 11, 1982

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:58 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hi Corvettepl,
Welcome to the 82 CE Registry..

Why not start a thread and introduce yourself to the crowd?

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:07 pm 

WOW...

Two months from my build date. 8)

Welcome too. :wink:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject: build date
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:24 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Mine was 25 Feb, a little over a thousand cars from yours. Does anyone know did they put out that many cars in two weeks? Also how many CE's did they put each week/month?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:01 pm 

That's a good question! I think have to get all the vin's from each CE made and then you could get your answer question right. Big job though. :?

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:52 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hey there all. My name is Jeff and I bought my first Vette (82CE) on 1 January 2006. Kind of a Christmas gift to myself. Saw it on ebay of all things and fell in love and bought it site unseen from the dealer who had it advertised. I have been slowly doing things like, putting new brakes, shocks, exhaust on and replacing little interior pieces that were missing. It is coming together but have a few more issues to deal with. But is rides nice!

Anyway, I have bought more books than I can count and have narrowed my build down to April 82 or so I think.

My question is twofold:
1) When was my car built day/month/year?
2) What number CE was it?
3) I believe it was the 11, 280 (1982) vette built in 1982, but not sure anymore.

Here is my VIN: 1G1AY0783C5111280

Any help would be appreciated. I went to the Museum page and there is a notice about 1982 vetts and mine unfortunately falls in the group of missing build sheets. Just my luck.

Thanks and hope I get to meet up with some fellow 82CE vette owners soon.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:56 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

1 April 15, 1982 tax day car
2 Know way to know exactly
3 11820th 82 vette built not just ones built in 1982, they start with 1 in 1981, actually as I think more about it, it was the 11819 one built since they misplaced sic on VIN number early on.

donald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:40 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hi Jeff... Welcome to the club!!

Yeah, i am in the group of missing buildsheets too.. :cry:

Search for a thread with the Original Sales Invoice. You can get a sheet that lists all options from Vaughn for i think $50.. It's like a birth certificate to me.. 8)

Post subject: Thanks guys
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:23 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have not heard of Vaughn but see the Museum has other window sticker items. Is that what you are talking about?

I am replacing my original exhaust this weekend. Everything after the manifold. I wanted to stick Flowmasters on but the mechanic that does all my work, keeps reminding me that it will be worth more if I keep it stock. Supposedly the new exhaust is a turbo exhaust and will sound throatier than what is on there now. I just found a car domain website today and plan on building a page to show her off and get help with getting her back to where she deserves to be.

Thanks again!

Jeff

P.S. Just for my own knowledge how did you know 15 April? I did find the sticker on the door that said Apr 82 after I posted this msg last night. oops.

Post subject: Re: Thanks guys
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:49 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

82Sharkman wrote:
I have not heard of Vaughn but see the Museum has other window sticker items. Is that what you are talking about?

No, the window sticker isnt it..

The Sales Invoice is a piece of paper from GM to the Dealership, selling your car to the dealer (in 1982). It lists all your options, the dealership and price. Very neat stuff..
From the "other" site (CAC):
Quote:
The General Motors Dealer Invoice service is managed by Allied Vaughn, a tier one supplier of GM. For copies of a GM vehicle invoice, please email the Request for Vehicle Invoice formto vehicleinvoice@gmmediaarchive.com. As of March 1, 2005 the cost for this service is $50.00 per invoice. If paying by credit card, your account will be charged within two business days of fulfillment. Fulfillment is expected to take 2 to 3 weeks. If paying by check or money order, please mail your check or money order and a copy of this form to:

Attention: GM Vehicle Invoice
Allied Vaughn
11923 Brookfield
Livonia, MI. 48150

Check or money order payments may cause a delay in fulfillment, as it must clear before your order is shipped.

Invoices are available for vehicles* in the following model years:

Chevrolets since 1977
Pontiacs since 1987
Buicks since 1982
Cadillacs since 1980
Oldsmobiles since 1977
GMC since 1976

*Fleet and exported vehicles excluded.

Please feel free to contact our local management team with any suggestions or concerns. Email or call:

Chris Barkoozis, General Manager
Allied Vaughn
(800) 462-5543 ext 105
Chris.Barkoozis@alliedvaughn.com

82Sharkman wrote:
I am replacing my original exhaust this weekend. Everything after the manifold. I wanted to stick Flowmasters on but the mechanic that does all my work, keeps reminding me that it will be worth more if I keep it stock. Supposedly the new exhaust is a turbo exhaust and will sound throatier than what is on there now. I just found a car domain website today and plan on building a page to show her off and get help with getting her back to where she deserves to be.

Nothing from me re pipes.. When mine had to be redone, i had no clue and had the shop redo OEM style, though they hang loooooow.

82Sharkman wrote:
P.S. Just for my own knowledge how did you know 15 April? I did find the sticker on the door that said Apr 82 after I posted this msg last night. oops.

The Birthday calculator comes in handy.. 8)

http://www.ncrswi.bizland.com/bday/bdaycalc.htm

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:31 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Just faxed it to them. It will be nice to see how it was originally stocked. When I find the time I am going to see about tracking the previous owners of this vette and build a history. Hope they have some paperwork they are willing to part with.

Got word from the mechanic working on installing my exhaust. The back pipe that I had ordered through a corvette supplier doesn't match up, so tomorrow they are going to heat it up and try to manuever it in place. This guy has been a real Godsend in knowledge and quality work and is serious about doing it right, so I look forward to picking her up tomorrow to start working the year hatch issue again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:20 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Got my new exhaust on finally. The mechanics took about 3 days. Not sure they worked on it the whole time but had a real issue lining up the back section after the cat.

It looks really nice. Not loud at all but with the chrome tips looks clean. Supposedly after the baffels get warmed up again and again it will get louder.

I also had new snubber bushings put on and the car seems to not jerk as much when putting it in gear.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post them here. Anyone know how?

Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:01 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

82Sharkman wrote:
snip
If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post them here. Anyone know how?

Jeff

Jeff, you need to upload them to a picture/hosting site first, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com or the like. I personally use photobucket, seems quick and easy.. But there is a ton out there. Some for free some for little money. Once you done that, you can then link to the pic here with either the IMG tags, or just the URL tags.
If you dont want to create something online, i can throw them on my photobucket site, just email me the pics and i'll do the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I live in GA and we don't have any sniffer thing/stuff here so I had a SS dual exhaust put on.No cat.Man did that ever make a difference!!!