It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:27 pm 

britvette,

I'm no painter but in time I am still thinking about painting the faded hood and door decals. If you paint them by yourself I think it will take a long time. Making sure the fades is like or exact the fade of original.

The original hood sticker should fade from windshield/dark to front/light and doors should fade front/dark to back/light. Steve's L-88 hood is backwords. Looks really good. 8) Not sure if he did the painting himself or not. :?

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:57 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

You are right, my hood is faded backwards from the factory. But you see my hood is the L88 style and gives me a definate point to start the dark brown fade. If I used the stock hood, the front of the stripe would look bad starting so dark, and also the hood has pinstripes which come out of the dark brown in the back and take off around to the doors, so it must be faded that direction. My L88 hood ends in ghost flames at the back of the hood.
Yes, I painted that myself and yes it would be very hard for a beginner to to. I am a detail person and although it was some of the first painting I ever did, I went to great pains and even did it several times before I had it perfect. My local professional shop was intimidated by the flames and fades, to the point that when I had my car repainted due to hail damage, I had them paint the basecoat and took the parts(hood,spoiler, ect home and flamed them and took them back to be clearcoated.
Steve

Post subject: Re: 82collector
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:21 am 

WARRIOR2291 wrote:
where did you get your RIMS DONE THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!

Steve sent them to this place
http://www.wheelconcepts.com/Plating.htm

I believe the price was under $600 for all 4 rims including shipping....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:16 pm 

steveburges - You mentioned earlier in this thread that you used a bulk metalic brown adhesive tape for the pinstripes. Do you know if this tape had a code / part number or does 3M only run the one metalic brown. Mine is chipped around the front wheel arches and I was thinking of replacing it.
Also what do I use to get the old stripes off? I am hoping that the colour underneath will be slightly different so that I can place the new in exactly the same place.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.