It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Drive those cars!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:42 pm 
I commend everyone who still drives their CE!!!

These beauty's are meant to be driven, celebrated and enjoyed, not sealed up in a musuem (aka garage) with the plastic on the seats and the now popular "Never Titled".

Give me a break, DRIVE THOSE CARS PEOPLE!!! You can't be buried in it or can you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:04 am 

My lady and I have to agree. We bought ours so we can enjoy on how good and exciting the corvette rides in all aspects. As we do with our other vehicles. We know that if you don't touch or drive the vehicles the price will eventully go high in time but if it's changed in anyway... it's not going to add any money. Besides, How can you enjoy the vehicle when you just look at it in the garage!!! :? Please explain?? :roll:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:36 pm 

I agree with our guest, whatsup with "never titled"?? Is that supposed to mean you are a driver or an "invester" :?:

There's 72000 + on mine and when I'm dust someone else can keep on drivin it, I really don't want to be burried with the old collector, let someone have fun with it too........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Some people like to think of them as investments, i aint one of them.. 104K+ and not counting.. I've seen plenty of the low mileage (like said 9mile Vette) 82CE's at museum's, mine wont be part of that crowd. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:52 am 

I drive my 82 vette here and there and I have enjoyed every minute of her. Although I have retired her pretty much I will still take her out for a spin or to the car shows. You would think I would be cautious since she has been featured in a magazine and all the other things shes been in and all. I want to enjoy my vette not someone else and what greater pleasure than me behind the wheel. :D I myself am not the type to buy a car and just let it sit there as an investment. I want to feel the ride and enjoy the car as I wish to experience the thrill. good thing is I also have an 03 50th anniversary vette that I take out as well. Some people drive their cars and others buy them to sell for later. Too each his own I say. Keep on vettin. April The Vettelady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:45 pm 
I actually do enjoy just seeing mine. I've had several Corvettes, all drivers - Until this one. I bought it to look at and enjoy it for the rare artwork that it is. Besides, when you odometer is showing a documented 454 miles, the thought of driving it a few hundred miles doesn't really occur - At least not with me.

Mike M

Post subject: Drive 'um
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:55 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

454 miles!! I wouldn't drive it much either! You do need to get it out once and while, get everything up to temp, and exercise all of the moving parts.
Brakes, AC/heater, passing gear in the trans, fuel guage, wipers and washers, all of the bearings etc. She will not be as much trouble if exercised occasionally.

My CE has 16,000 miles on it. I drive it some, just cruisin! She has earned NCRS Top Flight, Bloomington Gold, Gold Spinner and the Triple Crown Award and spent a year in the National Corvette Museum. Although she is beautiful and great to look at, she is also an investment.

If I really have the need for speed, I drive my 91 ZR1. Her best is a 12.3 second 1/4 mile at 115 mph. That's fun! But nothing beats my CE, cause I think she is the most beautiful Corvette ever built!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:51 am 

JohnnyB,

A bit off topic but

Tell me about your ZR-1..I also have a 91 ZR-1

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/wegone/

Other Vette's
1996 LT4 CE
1991 ZR-1
1995 LT1
2004 LS1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We Gone,

Join the club.... that's how this whole site got started.... I did the ZR-1 Registry and it was JohnnyB's idea to get this one going.

Any other ZR-1 / 82 CE folks out there?

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:20 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I bought mine with 32,000 on her.I've had the car for about two yrs now and it now has 54,000.Yeah I drive it but it still looks like brand new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:56 am 

[quote="vette_guy"]We Gone,

Join the club.... that's how this whole site got started.... I did the ZR-1 Registry and it was JohnnyB's idea to get this one going.

Any other ZR-1 / 82 CE folks out there?

Mark[/quote]

Thanks...Keep up the good work

Steve

Post subject: Taking her out tomorrow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:27 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'll be in my first parade tomorrow with my CE. It will be in Lake Ridge, VA near Woodbridge. She just got her new exhaust. Just spent the last few hours getting her shined up and ready for the crowd.

I'm almost done with upgrades this year but still need to put the new valance and spoilers on. Next year will be new rubber, windshield and getting that darn hatchback to work properly. Maybe a few more things but she is really coming along nicely.

Hope to see some of you out there soon on a run or two.

Drive them like you stole them!

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:33 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yes, I drive mine for sure... 105K on the clock and I really do enjoy it.
Have been to many shows thru-out the years, and just cannot leave her
in the garage to rot away!!!

If you got it, drive it I always said....

Cheers to you all who are not afraid of taking the car out for a spin or
a cruise once in a while.