It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Waterpump..
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:08 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Howdie Everyone..

Sorry, i've been away for a little (stupid work, keeps interfering with the fun stuff).. Got the inspection done yesterday and the mechanic noticed the water pump leaking at the weep hole.. As i was planning to replace the radiator at some point anyway (the old generic one is bugging me, especially the cable ties.. :roll: ), i went ahead and ordered a pump, a radiator and a drain cock from zip.. Any weird things i need to look out for on that ? I asked on the CAC, and replacing the pump seemed a no brainer for the guru's there (so, i should be able to get that done too :lol: )..

Keep them running and drive them like ya stole them!!

:wave
-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:45 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

It's easy but there are a lot of things that have to come off first.I'm sure you know that.A couple or so hours should get you there.Mark all your bolts so they go back where their supposed to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Thanks Copter.. The parts just got there (WOW!), so i think Sunday might be the day unless i get a honey do list.. :wink:

:wave

-Stefan

Post subject: Wtr Pmp
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:37 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

If you plan on valuing this car from a vintage / origonality standpoint- keep the pump and radiator- they will be valuable down the road- GUARANTEED!!- That is IF they are the ones that came with the car when it rolled off the assy line!!

Post subject: Re: Wtr Pmp
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:58 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

macguyver wrote:
If you plan on valuing this car from a vintage / origonality standpoint- keep the pump and radiator- they will be valuable down the road- GUARANTEED!!- That is IF they are the ones that came with the car when it rolled off the assy line!!

MacGuyver: The rad thats in there now is a general, non Vette part, so thats a goner (it does work, but it looks crappy).. I might hold on to the pump, i have to look at it to see whether it's original.. Someday, i might rebuilt it.. Ie. when i get to be mechanically inclined.. :lol:

Off ot the car now.. Wish me luck, all..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 pm 

WOW... I replaced my water pump 2 weeks ago. Found it leaking when I was replacing all the belts. What a bummer.... Had to undo all the belts again.... :cry: Oh well. Everything is back to normal. Until another item brakes... :roll:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82