It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:28 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

April,
while i am very interested in Copter's radio, i consider you having first dibs, as you posted first. I sent a pm to Copter to indicate as much, but i think you should be the first in line. :wink:

:wave

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:14 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Vettelady;

If the radio/CB is that rare, you might keep it for trade value. i.e. someone has something you really want and they really want that radio.

I tried for a long time to buy a pristine set of running light housings for one of my '58 Impala's and the fellow would never sell them.

One day he found out that I had a 6 dueces offy manifold (with carbs and linkage) for his 348 chevy motor. He begged and begged to buy it, and I said "Nope, but I'll trade you for those running light housings!"

I would have never used that manifold in a million years, but the running light housings looked soooo fine on my hardtop!!

Post subject: Re: Radios
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:57 pm 

TheVettelady wrote:
I wonder If I have the 8 track, cb radio installed in my vette would the judges at car shows not classify it as stock since it was not an option for our car in 82. I was lucky to find this one and know it is rare. Would you guys put it in your ce or only the 5 choices we had for our cars. I did notice the vette black book does say it was for the 81 vette as mentioned and that they only made 700 plus of them. What would you guys do. Thank April The Vettelady. :D

Vettelady,

If it was me and I had a different radio in my vette and got the one you have. I would put that radio in my vette. I am looking for one myself but will keep it for addition.

I don't go to the judging shows. To me they are all wrong with on how they judge. But that is just me.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject: radios
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:21 am 
82ColEd wrote:
April,
while i am very interested in Copter's radio, i consider you having first dibs, as you posted first. I sent a pm to Copter to indicate as much, but i think you should be the first in line. :wink:

-Stefan
I hope Copter gets my message and that I can purchase his radio. I think I will keep the one with the 8 track and cb incase I want to trade for something else. I am looking for the radio that belongs to our cars due mainly to the fact my car is all stock minus the radio. I know at the super chevy car show if your radio is not stock that they put you in the street class instead of stock class. Copter if you see this message email me at vettelady66@msn.com. I would like to purchase your radio. thanks again. :D April The Vettelady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:39 am 

82ColEd wrote:
April,

-Stefan
Thank you Stefan for letting me have first dibs on Coptors radio. :) I hope he gets back with me as I would like to purchase his radio. After my car was used to make the die cast toy by johnny lightening(see vette magazine series one) I have decided to make her 100 percent stock. Thank again. April The Vettelady :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 am 

The Vettelady wrote:
82ColEd wrote:
April,

-Stefan
Thank you Stefan for letting me have first dibs on Coptors radio. :) I hope he gets back with me as I would like to purchase his radio. After my car was used to make the die cast toy by johnny lightening(see vette magazine series one) I have decided to make her 100 percent stock. Thank again. April The Vettelady :wink:

Stefan is a cool guy for letting you take frist pick. Besides his wife would hurt him if he didn't do that. :lol: :lol:

Good job Stefan. :P

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Iron 82 wrote:
The Vettelady wrote:
82ColEd wrote:
April,

-Stefan

Stefan is a cool guy for letting you take frist pick. Besides his wife would hurt him if he didn't do that. :lol: :lol:

Good job Stefan. :P

Very funny Mike.. :lol: :lol: :lol: (You might want to watch out, she might hurl a stroller in yer direction the next time we get together. :P )

You're welcome April. No biggie, i have a 81 radio, looks almost the same, except an additional button on it. Besides, just because we're on the internet doesnt mean we have to forget our upbringing, right ? ;)

Radio's come and go, Vette friends are forever !! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:11 pm 

82ColEd wrote:
Very funny Mike.. :lol: :lol: :lol: (You might want to watch out, she might hurl a stroller in yer direction the next time we get together. :P )

You're welcome April. No biggie, i have a 81 radio, looks almost the same, except an additional button on it. Besides, just because we're on the internet doesnt mean we have to forget our upbringing, right ? ;)

Radio's come and go, Vette friends are forever !! 8)

Stefan,

I'll make sure I bring my force field with me when we do meet again. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm up for another chat with you guys anytime. :D

I'll look for a radio for you Stefen. There's got to be one out there with your name on it.

Iron82

Last edited by Iron 82 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Let's bump this one back up.. Did anyone get any Radio/Cassete's out there ? Havent been actively looking but it sure keeps crossing my mind when i drive her (Yesterday!). Not that i even listen to the darn thing.. :oops: :cry: :roll:
Ye know, the old should'a could'a would'a..

Should'a stuck with the old one that had an LED missing.. 'twas working and original.. :roll:

Could'a made a stink with Ecklers right then and there, but life go tin the way.. :roll:

Would'a.. Well, if there is a Radio/Cassette out there, that works and is in good condition, i would'a buy it.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 pm 

:shock:

Stefan, I haven't seen an '82 original radio yet. Most are for another Chevrolet vehicle year and models I keep seeing. :(

I'll keep looking. :)

Iron82