It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CE rear window trim
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:17 am 

I just bought the complete rear hatch and hardware from a ’82 CE. It will be retrofitted to my 1980. It looks like everything is there, except the interior trim. I’m trying to get an idea what I’m missing. Thanks to the great pics of Steve Burges’ resto, I got a decent look at the window opened. It looks like there’s a big single U shaped piece of black trim (plastic? The piece is the one behind the nitrous bottle. Between the nitrous bottle and the gas filler door) that has holes in it for the latches. Is it a single piece? Also, what trim is in the roof area where the hinges are? If some one might have a digital camera and could snap a few shots of the rear window trim, or could point me to some online parts diagrams of this area, I’d be much obliged. Additionally, where is the release handle to open the back window mounted? Behind the driver's seat?
If you have any of these pieces, I’m interested in getting them.
Scott
vetski179@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Hey Scott,
yes the large black thing is a single piece cover. It covers the cable that pulls the locks open, i'll try and get some shots together tonight. I looked around and didnt find a diagram.. The upper trim is a little u-shaped piece too to snap onto the ceiling liner and cover the 'cutouts' for the hinges. Yes, the latch release is behind the drivers seat, right under the side trim. I'll try and get to the pics tonight, but maybe someone already has some online and get to this quicker..

:wave
-Stefan

PS: Oh and no, sorry i dont have any spares for that..

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:06 pm 

It just occured to me that the trim I'm asking about may be the same as my 1980, save for the holes for the latches. Unfortunately, my 1980 is in temporary storage, away from my home right now, so I can't take a look. Thanks for your efforts, Stefan. It's much appreciated!
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:41 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Scott,
You have mail.. :wink:

I hope you can see all you need to see on the pics.. If i can take a shot from an area that i didnt cover, let me know..

:wave
-Stefan