It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All,
Would love to know who is attending Carlisle this year - so that we can be looking for you. Please let us know if you are bringing your CE, and if so, what your plate # is so that we can look for you and your CE.

Thanks!

Mark Horner - will be bringing a 91 ZR-1, Lic ZZZR1 (sorry, no CE this year)
My 82 CE from Carlisle 2004 - Thanks Iron Mike!

Last edited by vette_guy on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:07 pm 

Well you know mine. IRON 82.... 8) And it's finally my daily driver.... See you there. :wink:

Mark, next time I will take a better picture of your '82 CE. I should of got closer on the one you posted of yours. :o I'll get a good one of your ZR-1. :P 8)

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Last edited by Iron 82 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Carlilse
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:36 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Mark, I was coming to Carlilse this year, but had to change plans last week. You all have a great time! Tell Gene Falck at the 82 CE Tent, I said hello and ask him and his friend to get registered on our website. Take some good pictures of all of the activities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:24 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Mark,
me and my family are planning to be there, at least Saturday for a few hours.. We'll bring the CE, and my plate is.. (little drum roll please. :lol: ): 82 COLED....

We are planning to hook up with the CAC gang at the NCRS (yellow/white) tent, but i will be sure to go by the CE row. How can we identify each other ? Just in case you guys are taking a stroll away from the cars..

Looking forward to getting to meet all y'all.. 8)

Stefan

PS: Oh, and looking at my sig picture: Thats the front of my car, with the F-SL 1 plate....... Had that made when i left Frankfurt.. Little reminder of home..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll be looking for you.... or your plate. I'll be mostly working the ZR-1 booth this year, so come look for the ZR-1 with the VA license plate ZZZR1. :D

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:08 pm 

I enjoyed the quick gathering with Mark and Stefan. Stefan was on time and Mark.... Well.... He got side tracked with his duties on the ZR-1 parking/booth. :evil: No excuse Mark... :lol:

Mark, Did you get your top fixed? Your wife said the bonding is working good so far. Hope all works out.

Stefan, Great to see you and family. Your CE was looking good for an overseas rider. Just fix the head lights and your good. :wink: Oh the drilling.... :lol: :lol: I still like the pin strips by itself on the hood rather then having the full sticker on it. 8)

Our pictures came out good except with the three of us together. Some how my camera was getting alot of sun brightness. Sorry about that. :roll:

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:17 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Mike, it was great to see you too.. Thanks for taking all the pics and posting them.. We'll dial down the sun with P-Chop and we should be good.. Sorry about having to bail, but the kid (and the wife) come first.
Hopefully we'll get another chance one of these days. A sunny day with lots of time. Hey, maybe we'll think about a strictly 82 CE get together ?? Just a thought.. 8)

Thanks for the compliments about my car Mike, it cant even get close to yours. And let me know if you need me to crawl under that fender for the horns.. I'll probably ask you about the front metal thingy-ma-chiggy (technical term :lol: ) once i get a chance to get back to doing stuff on my car. I think mine is bent way outta shape and i might have a flapper under there, not that i reach your speeds.. Max on the way home was 70, my arms were tired with all the holes in 78E.. Thats at least my excuse, even the wife complained... :lol:

:wave
-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 pm 

Stefan,

Yes. Family before friends. Hope they got warmed up in the vette. Cool that day with the rain. :(

About the '82 CE get togther. I'll be in lingo with paper work and invitations to NCM on October for the C3 Extravaganza event in the year 2007. Our '82 / '82 CE 25th Anniversury. DON'T FORGET. Plan to attend. Will be working out cool things to do and have their. If you three can make it. Trying to drag most of the '82 CE's will be hard work.

Then I will try something for our 30th also. That is way out but the years do fly by. :x

On the metal holder to hold the spolier up. I have extra rubber(2"x2") square and have pics of it getting it into place. If you need them for help. Let me know and I'll send them to you email.

The horn. I'll do that soon.

Alteast you and the family made the trip enjoyable and safe. :D

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:57 am 

If you two are talking about the chin bracket, mine was MIA when I bought my vette, I couldn't find one, so I made my own out of some spring steel. You can see the general idea in the picture, it works really good. When you drag the nose all you have to do is reach under and bend it back into position...

Pre-paint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:09 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Dawg: Yep, thats what we're talking about.. Mike took the time and bent his back (easy on the hammer Mike!) and painted it black (Looks really nice), but i have yet to get down there and take a peek, but i am almost certain that mine is bent. I have bumped it a bunch of times, getting up and off ramps, trailers and the like.
Nice shoes btw.. :lol:
And i dont know if my metalwork is up to par for 'making my own'.. If it were a bunch of pc parts, maybe.. :shock:
Thanks for the pic, i hope mine isnt in too bad o f a shape, but as always happens when you see a great CE, the faults in yours come to mind and i want to fix them. Tempus fugit !!

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:54 pm 
DAWG,
You did an excellent job on your spoiler bracket. 8)

Guys,
I finally found my photos of when doing mine. Take a look. What do you think?
http://iron82.smugmug.com/gallery/771622

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:55 pm 

See, Idid it again. Not logging in.... :x :x :x

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 am 

Great pictures, nice for someone who needs to know what the factory one looks like!

Sorry about the shoes, I thought you guys would pick on me about the scuffed paint and dirty parts... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:34 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Desertdawg wrote:
Great pictures, nice for someone who needs to know what the factory one looks like!

Sorry about the shoes, I thought you guys would pick on me about the scuffed paint and dirty parts... :oops:

Just being funny, Dawg.. :P

Dirty parts, scuffed paint ? Looks like every CE i've seen so far and much better then mine.. The onyl ones that are perfect are the ones in a NCRS museum type setting (and the NCM).. Oh and that never driven CE with 9 miles on it on ebay that no one is buying for 25k... :lol:

Mike: Kewl pics.. Yeah, that is red hot. Eeek.. I have to get under my car now, i think mine is actually bent back, not forward like yours. Dummy question (ah, yes, me again): Cant you take the bracket off to bang on it ? I dont have any flame thrower like you (or a lift) so i think my only alternative is to take if off, bang on it, dry fit it, bang on it a little more and once it fit's, spray it black and bolt it back on. (And use a little rubber thingy like you to not scuff the air dam.. 8) idea! )..

I'll let you guys know what i come up with, if i ever get my head down there.. Maybe over the weekend, if it stays dry..

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:40 pm 

[quote="82ColEd]Dummy question (ah, yes, me again): Cant you take the bracket off to bang on it ? I dont have any flame thrower like you (or a lift) so i think my only alternative is to take if off, bang on it, dry fit it, bang on it a little more and once it fit's, spray it black and bolt it back on. (And use a little rubber thingy like you to not scuff the air dam.. 8) idea! )..

I'll let you guys know what i come up with, if i ever get my head down there.. Maybe over the weekend, if it stays dry..

-Stefan[/quote]

Stefan, Bad news if your going to unbolt the bracket. It's a one piece that is welded on the front bumper extension and brace. As the photo on my Assembly Instruction and my photos I have taken for you to see.
See photos 15, 16 and 17.

http://iron82.smugmug.com/gallery/771622/2/34235698

Not sure how your going to fix it if you don't heat and hammer it! :shock:

Iron82