It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bloomington Gold
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:29 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

In mid May, I made application to attend Bloomington Gold for the Gold Certification. They only have room for ten cars in the class. You register, pay you money, and they tell you if you are selected as one of the 10 cars or you are on the waiting list. I was informed that I was number 2 on the waiting list. We planned to go a family reunion, knowing we would not be selected for the show. Wednesday this week, they called and told me I was now number 10, to come on to the show at Pheasant Run Golf course, just outside of Chicago. A friend of mine is loaning me an enclosed trailer for the trip. Another friend and I replaced the wiper switch, what a bitch, today. Now I have wipers. Hope to attain a Bloomington Gold Certification. It would look great hanging next to the NCRS Top Flight she just received. I'll let you all know how it turs out!

Anyone else going!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:00 am 

Well good luck Johnny, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you....

And take some pictures.... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:38 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

The trip to Chicago was worth it, I received the Blomington Gold Certification for my 82 CE!! There were three others in attendance and they all received the Gold Certification. My car has 16,400 mile on it, the others there had 14,000, 9,000 and 4,500. Nice cars, nice, long weekend! Hope to have three more members for the website!!

Now to New Orleans for the NCCC Nationals next year!

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:22 pm 

Well congrats Johnny. It's good to hear there are worthy CE's out there for the Gold!!!

And 4 at once is even better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:28 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

My previous post should have read, NCRS Nationals in New Orleans! Sorry for the typo. I am also a member of NCCC. Guess I just had a little brain gas.

Bloomington want the cars to look as it did when it left the factory. NCRS wants the cars to look as it was delivered to the owners. There are some differences. One item that cost me a few minor points was, the safety warning above the EAGLE on the GT tires. Tires that were produced prior to 1986 did not have the warning, afterwards they did. Three of the four CE's present, had one or more of these newer tires on the car. Also, there are a couple of blue and white paper sleeves, that slide onto each of the sun visors, warning about the T Tops. I do not have any of these, does anyone!!

Neat show, you should all try to visit Bloomington once. Tons of vendors, displays and thousands of Corvettes. No, it is not heaven!